Light Puppet

"Lady Nicola, can I come with you?" Selene looked up at the one beside me pitifully and asked. Seeing this, Nicola hesitated for a moment, not wanting to refuse her. She flew down and lifted Selene up into the sky.

"Feliciana..." Eleanora saw that Selene went up and quickly waved at me.

I sighed, similarly landing and scooping her up. This was my first time flying with Eleanora in my arms. She felt slightly lighter than Selene, but there wasn't much difference.

"Wow, so this is what it feels like to fly up into the sky!" Naturally, this was Eleanora's first time in the air. She couldn't stop being excited and kept asking me to fly higher. But no ropes were tying us together now. I was just holding her with my hands. I didn't dare go too high. If I dropped her, she would die instantly.

"It's so nice. I want to go up and see too..." Hayden looked up at us enviously from below.

"What are you thinking? Are you still a man? Can't even handle this much?" Alfreed lightly knocked on his head and scolded.

"Hurry up and go!"

"No, I was just purely envious..." Hayden held his head looking very wronged as he quickly rushed to Adrian at the front.

"I don't understand..." The Eleanora in Nicola's hands suddenly asked.

"Why did Adrian say we have to first leave the surveillance range of this lake before Camille teleports away, and only then can we come back?"

"That's because if we teleport away with Camille, when we arrive at the kingdom we'll definitely be deep in enemy territory. It would be hard to escape a face-to-face encounter with the God of Fire then," I was very clear about this point and explained to her.

"Moreover, Camille has been monitoring us through that device. If she doesn't see us leave, she might not dare activate the device to teleport us away together."

"Right, after she teleports away, the Kaga Mountains, the Tethys Town in the kingdom will be swapped over here accordingly. At that time when we come back here, it'll be the same as stepping onto the kingdom's land!" Selene finally understood.

"Did he look for you just now for this matter?" Eleanora heard and asked, turning her head towards Selene.

"Of course not just that. He also said that after we leave the surveillance area, I have to hurry up and make some light puppets."

"What, light puppets?" Hearing a fresh term, I asked in puzzlement.

"It's a more advanced light magic, or rather, a kind of illusion," Selene thought for a while and replied.

"The principle is to condense light elements into an illusory image, then shape it into a human form. You can control its movements to do various actions... Oh, have you guys heard of illusion cards before?"

"Illusion cards?" Nicola and I glanced at each other.

"Of course we know about them." Nicola might still have those two cards on her.

"Isn't that a kind of ma...magic toy that many nobles and playboys in the capital are fond of?" It seemed Eleanora had also heard of illusion cards, but didn't have a good impression of them.

"That's right! Don't look down on that one illusion card. Its production process and principles are said to be incredible, involving many advanced magics. Light puppets are one of them!" Selene had a mysterious look, as if divulging some outrageous secret.

"Moreover, light puppets are an extremely simplified version of an even more advanced light magic—teleportation. Ordinary humans basically can't learn teleportation. Only you angels can use it."