Vol 3/ Chapter 77 Closed Loop

After Norma died, the light elements in the air increased a lot. Although I didn't have to worry about replenishing energy for the time being, I didn't have the mind to retaliate.

After all, the shock that Michelle brought me last time was too strong.

"Of course not, you guys get out of here quickly, none of us is her match!"

I shouted at the others, my clenched fists felt completely sweaty. The situation could be said to be a dead end, with no chance of winning at all.

And this time, no future Nicola was coming again to save us.

"Don't worry, you mob are not my target..."

Hearing my words, Michelle said leisurely. But before she could finish speaking, Rae, the eight-winged angel who was very familiar with Norma, had already rushed at her with a sword.

"You just killed Norma like that! She was the most trusted by Lady Elara..."

"The most trusted what?"

Michelle didn't even glance at her. With a casual wave of the sword Hephaestus in her hand, I saw a flash of red light. In an instant, a large hole was pierced through Rae's chest, her heart was gone without a trace, and she was dead before she could even reach her target.

As Rae's corpse fell to the ground and disappeared into light dots, the Hephaestus sword that flew out also returned to its owner's hand at the same time.

"Tsk tsk, this instant cleanup upon angel death is still pretty nice. Otherwise, it would be quite troublesome to peel them off the sword..."

Michelle gently stroked the fiery red blade, reacting as if she had just killed a chicken.

"Ahhh—! Run!"

Seeing that the eight-winged angel was killed in one move, the people around were shocked and panicked, only then reacting to desperately flee outside.

I was no exception, also wanting to escape with the others from the Royal Hall, but suddenly I found that the way forward had been blocked by a wall of fire.

"Feliciana, you can't run! I still want to chat with you!"

Michelle's voice came from behind. Clearly, this wall of fire was set up specifically to trap me.

Although the firewall itself wouldn't cause me any real harm, Michelle had that flying sword!

I believe that if I stubbornly charged out, what awaited me would be the same fate as Rae.

"Heh heh, do you have it wrong? We can't stand each other, what is there to talk about?"

Left with no choice, I could only pretend to smile as I turned around to face Michelle.

"It's only been half a month since we last met..."

By this time, only the two of us were left in the grand hall, along with the torches brought in earlier still burning on the ground.

"You may not believe it, but for some reason, I find you quite agreeable."

Contrary to my expectations, she did not attack me. It was obvious that as long as I cooperated obediently, she had no intention of further aggression. Although her next words greatly exceeded my expectations.

"For you, it may have only been half a month, but for me, it's been more than that, because I was sent back one year into the past by Liana."

"One year ago?"

I was dumbfounded again. Wasn't it said that at most you could only travel for a few days in the future? How did it become going back to the past instead, and even one whole year in the past?