Vol 3/Chapter 91: Interrogation

"What's going on here with three buttons?"

I was dumbfounded. Why did Janet have two 'teleportation devices'? That didn't make sense!

"Could we have made a mistake?"

Nicola turned and asked me as if realizing something important.

"Do you know what the locator for the 'Eye of Galadra' looks like?"

"Huh? No, I've never seen it. Shouldn't it be quite heavy? Since two high-level demons were sent to guard it..."

I knew from the caveman Bogg's words that the locator had long been lost in Tethys Town. But this invasion clearly showed Michelle had found and secretly brought it into Edenmere City.

The most likely suspect was Janet, who had just returned from the outside world yesterday, and her followers from the 4th angel legion.

"Wait!"

I suddenly understood what Nicola meant.

"Are you saying one of these is the 'Eye of Galadra' locator?"

"Eye of Galadra? What's that?"

Hearing the name, Elara narrowed her eyes, seemingly shocked.

"It's the device that swapped the whole Edenmere City to the Dark Continent! It's a celestial weapon in the demon's eyes. Didn't Nicola mention it to you?"

I was confused. Elara knew about the swap, so why was she asking?

"Nicola just told me it's a spatial swapping device made by Michelle. I didn't know it had this name..."

Elara casually replied. She looked very solemn, eyes downcast, seemingly lost in thought.

"Is there something odd about the name?"

I asked curiously. Apart from the 'eye' reminding me of the surveillance image from the island control center, the other words didn't mean anything to me.

"No, it's probably just a coincidence. Shouldn't be important..."

After thinking for a while, Elara shook her head, not answering my question directly, but changing the topic to urge Nicola instead.

"Rather than that, continue talking about what you missed."

"Miss Riddler!"

Cyra cheekily gestured the words behind Elara's back to me, but didn't dare make a sound.

"Well, Feliciana already said it for me..."

Nicola was also confused. After being interrupted, she struggled to pick up where she left off.

"That's what I think! Since Janet is confirmed a traitor, the extra 'button' makes sense now. It must be the 'Eye of Galadra' locator she secretly brought in from outside. Otherwise, Edenmere wouldn't have swapped with the Dark Continent."

"That's not necessarily true! As the key device for the invasion, it's likely Janet carried the important locator on her. But we can't rule out her putting it on a confidant to divert attention."

I disagreed and immediately felt a headache coming as I recalled meeting Janet last night.

"She seems to have many legion members. It would be hard to identify who has it. They may have escaped into the forest already, or even left Edenmere."

"On this point, I can assure you, after the demon invasion, Edenmere's external passages have not reopened yet. No angels can leave Edenmere with only Serena leading the 1st legion in."