Warfare

"So all those other characters were also controlled by people in this room?"

After killing that human swordsman, the two people standing opposite showed no reaction. It was obvious they were just one of the many virtual characters, which means the whole hall was probably networked.

"Yes," Nicola gave an affirmative answer.

"But not everyone here is playing this game. Each character card can be strengthened in one game, then applied to other games."

As she spoke, she took out a card and brought me to another table that looked different.

The things under a transparent cover were different again. This time the map range was small, with only two virtual characters fighting.

"This is just a versus game," I realized without her explanation.

It was simply a magical version of various eSports placed in this location.

"There's still a little difference," Nicola corrected. "It's said many of the skills used by the characters here actually exist."

Is that so? I saw one of the human gunner characters whose attacking methods did look quite similar to some of Vivianne's skills.

"What about the angel's skills?" I immediately thought of a way to enhance my strength. All along I had been pondering what skills I could use as an angel, this was simply a godsend.

"No wonder you chose to buy an angel card, you really had foresight!"

I wanted to approvingly pat Nicola on the shoulder, but she was much taller than me, so it felt a bit weird. I patted her back instead.

"Actually I've tried it before," she looked somewhat helpless as she inserted the card into the table to demonstrate for me.

"Most of the angel's skills are light magic, with almost no physical attack capabilities, only able to attack with the swords that come with the cards."

It was obvious that Nicola's control skills were not very good. Her opponent was a golden, electric-flashing bird. After a few rounds, the eight-winged angel was zapped black and knocked to the ground, deducting 3 magic points, leaving 19 points.

It seemed there were only two possibilities:

Either the creators of this card simply did not know what skills angels actually had, and could only make assumptions.

Or angels only knew light magic.

Since I still hadn't figured anything out about myself so far, I was more inclined to believe the latter.

"What about those without transparent covers then?" I asked, pointing to some people who seemed to be playing cards.

"They are just gambling. Their cards will display magic point information on those tables, then winners and losers can be determined according to their sizes and corresponding rules," Nicola glanced in the direction of my pointing.

"But gambling there requires a lot of cards, so small fries like us with only 1 or 2 probably can't join."

"So many options!" I couldn't help but exclaim. I was amazed that such a small card could have so many ways to play, and there were probably more than just these three types on site.

After a full circle, this was completely just a large interdimensional magical game room, only the gameplay was a little different.

"So those magic points can be exchanged for things right?" I already knew without guessing.