Cross Over

This was a grand hall. From the carved walls, tiled floors, and placement of statues, everything exuded luxury and magnificence.

A white carpet ran down the central aisle, and at the far end, a figure stood with hands clasped behind their back.

"Lady Elara..."

Another figure knelt on one knee before her, quickly reporting something.

"We've completely lost contact with the Cycle..."

"What about the spell formation?" Elara anxiously interrupted.

"I don't know why..." The other hesitated before continuing, "The formation is still active, it doesn't seem to have failed."

"How is that possible! Without the Cycle's support, it should have completely failed!" Elara couldn't understand at all. The Cycle was the core of the entire formation, absolutely indispensable. But reality was constantly challenging her knowledge.

"And it's operating without any issues, everything's normal," the messenger said strangely, seemingly also unsure how to respond.

"That's unbelievable!"

Elara pondered for a moment, seeming to make a decision and issued orders.

"No matter what, you must hold on! Persist to the end no matter what."

...

Where was this? I looked around, only seeing endless white all around.

Didn't I get drunk?

Although I seemed unable to move, suspended in this white glow felt extremely comfortable. Like my whole body was immersed in a hot spring, the blissful sensation made me want to moan.

Uh, it seemed I couldn't even make a sound. Logically I should be very panicked in this situation. But I had no thoughts at all, as if I could stay like this forever, free of desire and worry.

After an unknown amount of time, the white glow finally seemed to diminish, becoming thinner and thinner. Mist seemed to rise in all directions, slowly dissipating.

Finally I could sense my surroundings again.

My hearing returned first, the gradually noisy sounds flooding into my mind. I seemed to hear urgent voices, but I couldn't understand their language at all.

What bird language was this?

But very quickly, a torrent of things suddenly rushed into my brain, overwhelming me for a time.

I suddenly realized I could understand their words!

"We can't hold on any longer! What do we do?"

"Tell everyone to retreat quickly! ...Retreat quickly!"

...

What did this mean? Even understanding it, I was totally confused about the situation. It sounded like two women talking, was this coming from a TV?

My eyelids still felt so heavy, by now I sensed only darkness around me. I could only force my eyes open a sliver.

Well, I didn't know what words could properly describe this. Peering through blurry eyes, I found myself suspended not far above the ground. But this was definitely not the familiar KTV lobby. The earthen floor was etched with countless shining golden complex patterns. And several naked maidens floated around.

Even more shocking, with just that glance, I was certain they all had a pair of white wings spreading from their backs. The scene...was so bizarre! The air was full of an indescribably lewd atmosphere, yet also strangely intermingled with a hint of holiness.