Chapter 33

Robert was facing me because I wanted to ask him the last questions before qualifying, but I could hardly concentrate on the Pole. He, too, was distracted by the flashes from the cameras, so this interview would probably be the worst of my career. I was just trying to look after him, but clicking from the photographers was just annoying.

"Thank you, a lot, and apologize to the other reporters," I said to Robert. He also thanked me and disappeared back into the box of Williams. That's what George came to meet me for. Contrary to what I thought, however, he did not stop with me, but walked past me to the annoying photographers and reporters.

Friendly yet determined, the Briton addressed his words to this group of people: "Can you please go and let Hanna do her job, you already have more than enough photos of her. We can also get the security service, but I think we can also do this peacefully in which you can now simply go."

I looked perplexed to the Briton, of course I was grateful to him, but he shouldn't have done that. His speech, however, had an effect, and the reporters and photographers disappeared one by one. So, George came to me to face my interview, he smiled at me broadly.

I smiled at him gratefully: "Thank you, but it wouldn't have been necessary, you almost get used to the shadows that you follow." George raised an eyebrow because he didn't quite believe me. He probably knew as well as I did that these photographers had got on my nerves and that it was more than necessary for him to send the crowd away. But I wouldn't admit it, because none of the guys should worry about me and least Max. I had chosen the Dutchman, with everything that was part of it, including the press.

"Can we start?" I asked rhetorically, "The training sessions didn't look promising for Williams now, what do you think is in for you and your team today?" I knew that George hated these questions, but he also knew I had to ask.

After a short interview with George, we went on to Alfa Romeo. There I had probably the fastest lot with Kimi, for such an interview between two units it was good if the answers remained short and succinct. Since you had to do many interviews in a short time, there was again a difference between Kimi's way of answering and that of Alex, Pierre and Lance.

Kimi stood in front of me and looked at me indifferently, but I already knew that from him. I smiled kindly at him and asked the typical questions before qualifying. He gave the typical Kimi answers of himself and with that I could live more than just. With him, you knew at least what you got, what also had its advantages. But actually, he was more on my list of those I liked less about interviewing.

Next up was Antonio, who greeted me with a grin and hugged me once: "Congratulations, don't listen to the media and comments on the net." I looked stunned to the Italian Jesus, because until now I had no idea what was written and hadn't really thought about it.

Now the worst performances went around in my head, my pulse increased and my hands started to tremble. I had probably become as white as the snow at a stroke, so Antonio realized that he should have left it. But now it was too late, he had set in motion my thought carousel, which now did not really want to stop.

"Hanna, all good with you?" asked Udo from the page. But I almost couldn't hear it, because my ears were wrapped in cotton wool. Trapped in my world with the worst thoughts, I didn't really get what happened around me. Just that my stomach started to rebel.

I quickly shook my head to get rid of my thoughts, or at least to get into the farthest corner of my brain. As much as I could, I tried to stay in reality and focus on my counterpart. Like a machine, I rattled down the questions, I wanted to read the comments and articles as soon as possible. They wouldn't be nice, but until I saw and read them myself, I wouldn't have peace.