Chapter 41

"Do we want to go to the zoo?" suggested Victoria. None of us really had a plan for what we could do, so we just threw any suggestions into the round. Hoping to find something you could do on a beautiful Sunday.

Max covered his face: "We could also look for a kart track." Then I shook my head, the race weekends were enough for me, i didn't need more racing in my spare time. I knew it well by now and liked to comment on it, but I wasn't so addicted to it.

"How about a day in the park, somewhere in Munich there has to be one," I put forward a counter-proposal. But they weren't exactly thrilled by that. If we were to carry on like this, we would probably need the whole Sunday to decide on something.

Unfortunately, however, Victoria was just as obsessed with racing as her brother: "Karting sounds great, oh that's almost like in childhood, only my almost sister is with us." Their euphoria was enough for both of us, because I couldn't muster one. But I was beaten because they were in favor.

"Then we go karting," I agreed. I was once in my life karting and I didn't enjoy it, which was not least due to my brother and his friends. It had been his birthday, the ninth, if I remembered correctly. Actually I was allowed to go to a friend that afternoon, but unfortunately I had become ill, so I had to take me to the train. Not only did I want to watch, but I was much younger when I was six. I couldn't keep up with the guys, and they didn't pay any attention. So maybe the boys had fun but for me, it had been the worst afternoon of my life, but I didn't want to ruin my brother's birthday.

Max fiddled with his hand in front of my face, because I had been so in my mind: "All right? If you're in pain, we can go to the zoo if you can't drive." I quickly wavered, because Max and Victoria were looking forward to karting and I wanted them to be happy.

"No, just wasn't quite awake. Do you still have to go up to the room or can we go right away?" I looked at the siblings. But since we already had everything, we were able to get going.
Shortly the siblings argued who would drive, I just stood next to it and waited. Each of the siblings knew that one should not interfere. But as we were standing on the open road, I became slightly uncomfortable, but I remained silent.

In the end, Victoria prevailed and Max handed her the keys. So that he couldn't talk her too tightly, Vic had also banished her brother to the back seat. He also sat there, I sat down in the passenger seat because I was too permanent for navigation, although I didn't really know myself in Munich either.

I gave the direction and Vic went: "Next traffic light right. When was the last time you were on a kart track?" Inside, I hoped that at least Victoria wasn't quite as good, so I didn't look like an idiot. But I was sure that I could only fail next to the two.

"That's been a few years or have you been on one again since my Formula 3 days?" Max asked his sister. I, on the other hand, just calculated how long ago this had been. It must have been 5 years if I was right.

Vic confirmed to Max that she hadn't been since then, but that wouldn't mean anything. The two had spent every minute they could in the karts in their childhood, while I did it once and more badly than right. But I was right to have any embarrassment if Max could laugh and have fun.

Max and Vic revealed in memories of their childhood son and I listened anxiously as I liked to learn more about Max. I had to find out again and again how different our childhoods were. Not only because they had grown up separately, but they had parents who believed in and supported them. My father would never have driven through Europe for me and a hobby of mine, as Jos had done.

"Once again right at the next junction, and we should be there," I gave the final instruction. Google Maps should also be right, because Vic drove into the parking lot less than a minute later.
Three of us went to the hall, which Max had rented on the fast. There we got racing suits and went to the locker room. During the move, Vic tried to explain everything I needed so that together they could try to turn Max off.