Chapter 51

Max POV

I couldn't really close an eye all night, my thoughts were too much with Hanna. Even though she blamed herself, I knew it was actually mine. I should have kept her close to me at the party and shouldn't have let Kelly touch me. If I had only given attention to Hanna, she would never have gone and then I would never have slept at her door. That wouldn't have been the headlines and hate wave, and I could now hold Hanna in my arms.

It hurt my heart when I saw on Instagram what 'fans' of me wrote under their photos. Such people could not be fans, because real fans would be happy for me and Hanna. I love her, nothing would change. That's why I couldn't just watch her dream being snatched. Of course, I wanted to have her with me, but first of all I wanted her to be able to keep her dream job.

Somehow, I had slept for a few minutes, but my tiredness and the race just didn't matter to me because I had an idea. If social media could throw Hanna out of the job, social media could bring her back. Only the others had to participate.

Over-motivated, I rushed to the paddock as soon as possible, because I didn't want to waste any time. I also felt how I was scratched and couldn't wait to implement the plan. Because I was sure that Hanna would be able to come back.

So that the troupe knew, I had already written to them that we had to meet before the race. Since they all wanted Hanna back, they had all agreed and would wait before the first box. Arriving at the paddock I almost ran to the boxes, but there was only George to be found, because it was also the box of Williams.

"Where are the others, my goodness. We don't have all day and it's urgent," George looked at me with big eyes. Immediately, however, he caught himself and began to reassure me, which only half succeeded. Luckily, the other guys arrived pretty quickly, even Daniil, Nico and Sebastian were there.

Excited, I looked at the troupe of drivers: "I know how Hanna gets her job and we get her back as a reporter. We need to spam Sky Sport on Instagram; our fans will definitely join in when they see how important this is to us. So far, only the haters have left out, it is time for Mr. Schmidt to see how many people are behind Hanna."

"It's worth a try, Ralf and the team are certainly also involved. But we should use a uniform hashtag to make it work," Sebastian said. Lando had already come up with proposals, but they were too long or simply not good enough.

Charles' face brightened: "How about #BringHannaback or #F1forHanna and then we all mark Sky Sport Germany." We agreed on the second hashtag, although Lando was a bit snapped up that, like his suggestions, had smashed off. But #WeneedHannainF1 or #NoF1withoutHanna had not been exactly catchy, in the shortness lies the spice.

"We should still get our teams and the other drivers to post the same thing. Sky Sport won't even know what's going to happen to them and we'll get Hanna back," George said. I nodded and decided to go straight to Christian, he liked Hanna and would certainly support my cause. I didn't have to worry about my family supporting this action. I was so under adrenaline that I wasn't tired at all or even thinking about racing.

We broke up because we had to go to the motor homes to get ready and talk to the teams: "Do you think the plan will bring Hanna back? Hanna is the only journalist I don't get nervous about in an interview, I don't want another reporter." I looked at Pierre next to me, who wanted Hanna back just like me, like everyone else.

'If they don't listen to it, I don't know. Eventually Hanna lost the job because of comments, so positive comments should bring her back", so I left Pierre in the entrance of Red Bull and went in search of Christian.

He talked to Helmut, so I wanted to turn around, but it was already too late: "Tomorrow Max, what's there?" Caught, I looked at my bosses and took a deep breath. Before I could pull back, I told them what had happened and what we were going to do.