Chapter 128

Like every holiday, the summer break was over much too quickly and we were back at the paddock. But this time in Belgium. The track was impressive when you saw the Eau Rouge in real life for the first time.

"How was the move?" suddenly sounded behind me. Slightly startled, I turned around and looked at my co-commentator. Just like me, he looked up into this familiar curve, only unlike me, he already had experience with the curve.

"Nice in the end," I admitted, "We had a lot of helpers, which is why we did it so quickly. Only the children's rooms are missing." As I did so, I stroked my ever-growing belly.

Ralf staggered: "In the beginning you will have them in your room anyway, everything else can be done later. Believe me, you don't need half of the things that are recommended or forced on you on the Internet."

We chatted for a while before heading back to camp. Somehow the mood was different than before the holidays, none of us had any idea what would happen.

On that day, our team had a meeting before I went out to dinner with the riders: "Well, are you ready for the weekend?" Max and I had just walked into the restaurant where our group plus Anthoine and Arthur were sitting.

"I can't wait," came from the Formula 2 driver, "Then I'll definitely drive with you next year." He was full of hope to get a seat in Formula 1 and honestly, I believed in it too. He was talented and a great driver as well as a person.

While the men quickly started talking about the upcoming weekend, we girls preferred to talk about something relaxed: "Did you hear Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt broke up. Angelina has already filed the divorce papers!"

"Crass," it escaped me, "I never thought that they would break up. After all, Brangelina has become a multi-million dollar brand." In addition, it was hard to believe that the dream couple would suddenly be gone from Hollywood. I had also grown up with them as a couple, at least since I became interested in such things, more or less.

Immediately the speculation or the reason began, I kept a bit of a low profile, because there were always several angles on such a thing. One can only hope that they will do this like adults, without involving the children.

In the end, it had been a nice evening, just like the next day, which Max and I had ended alone in a restaurant. Today was the first time this weekend it was about the sausage.

Between the seasons, I had sneaked into Max's room, because here in Belgium the attention was too much on me, or rather on my gut, for my taste: "You know, I can also provide you with a security guard if it's too much for you. I love my fans, but they can be a little too euphoric." That was nicely described.

They had been imposing themselves all weekend and wanted to know everything, including what week I was in and so on. It was all meant nicely, but it was just too much for me, so I hid in his room or cabin as long as I could.

His mother had also been here since this morning, but had arranged to meet some other mothers for lunch, which is why Max and I sat here alone: "It's fine, it's meant nicely and I have my peace here and in my cabin. It's more important that you're fully focused right away."

"I'm always focused," he gave me a kiss. Afterwards he took the first layer, which he had to put on right away, I watched him with pleasure. I have to admit, that was probably one of the few advantages of dating a Formula 1 driver. The view when he changed was really good.

"I mean," I tried to say nonchalantly, "now that Hamilton might not have a full car again in time, you would have the best chance of a pole."

He turned to me: "Does that mean I only have a chance if Mercedes knocks itself out?" Sadly, it was really inaccurate to say that. Not that I wanted to hide anything from him or RedBull. But Mercedes had everything firmly under control.