Chapter 52

Unemotionally, my boss looked at me, his hands crossed on his table: "As I see, you have arrived well, I am happy." I remained silent because it was a statement and I didn't know what to say.

"Hanna believe me, it's not easy for me, because they've done a great job. But we have to listen to our viewers, and they don't think they're the right person for the job," my boss said. He dropped something in his office chair.

I tried to keep my stomach in check as I took air for my counter-arguments: "Of course I can understand it, but the spectators are just getting used to me. One is always skeptical or even negative about unknowns."

"Hanna, I'm really sorry. But I had warned you, and unfortunately you made things worse with the headline, you are blamed for the 'bad' qualifying. Look at it differently, I protected you from further ugly comments and headlines against you," he tried to be cheerful me up.

Of course, it could also be seen as a protection for me, but I didn't need the protection. I had turned off the comments on my profile and didn't leave any more private messages on Instagram, after all almost all drivers and colleagues had my number. At least they needed them. Unfortunately, Lando had added me to a group chat with the young drivers, where I was fully texted with memes and other things, nor did I take it with humor.

But I had promised not to give up so easily: "Don't think I'm old enough not to heed these comments. I ask you to give me a chance. The fans just have to get used to it, it won't be an issue anymore that Max and I are a couple."

'I'm really sorry Hanna, but it's not possible. You're going to do the summaries for hockey again and as discussed with handball", I had to realize that I was no longer with Max and the boys. Dejected, I got up and walked to the door.

I turned to my boss there, you could see that the decision was not easy for him. Since he said nothing more, and neither did I, I lowered my head and went out the door. For a second I had hoped that he would call me back like in movies and decide otherwise, but he didn't come.

Dejected, I sat down at my PC: "Didn't i.e. go so well?" I nodded and buried my face in my hands as I had to gather. Because it really hurt to be separated from the guys, even though I could see them privately again and again, it wasn't the same.

"Antonio's dog probably didn't bring me as much luck as he should," he had first thought. Even though I was sad, my thoughts put a smile on my lips. Not because I found it hilarious, but rather absurd.

It was typical, whenever everything in life was perfect, life had to hit with a hammer. Now I could try to find something useful from the first ones, because i hadn't imagined my life like that. After bowing to a doctrine, I thought it would only get better after that. Especially if I worked at Sky, I thought it would all go as I always wanted it to be. But life never makes it easy.

Jenny skipped over my head: "What do you want to do now? Looking for another employer or what?" As if struck by lightning, I raised my head. My eyes were wide open as I frantically shook my head back and forth. I was aware that not everyone would have given me such a chance as Mr Schmidt, which is why I would probably stay. In addition, you sometimes had to bite your way through.

"Then we'll probably see each other more often," she tried to highlight the positive. But as much as I loved the blonde, I loved travelling and even more I loved commenting.

As you could hear the elevator, Jenny sprinted to her table. Our bosses may not be the strictest, but they didn't like it either when we kept talking about not doing business. Admittedly, I rarely saw the blonde really work, but that wasn't my thing.

At least I was able to get to work and try to forget that it was my last report over a weekend at Formula One: "Mrs. Gasser in my office immediately!" Frightened, I looked at the door, where Mr. Schmidt stood and did not look exactly delighted. He seemed rather annoyed, which really scared me.