Chapter 16

The sweat just ran, it just ran the first training and the sun shone nicely through the window. Since we sat pretty much right behind the window, you can imagine how hot it got. The air conditioning helped as much as a bucket of water in the desert, so not at all.

"His ass just slipped away, this could happen to me soon when it gets even warmer," I told about Charles' Heck. Ralf had to stop laughing, but he was sweating as much as I did and slowly it was really a torment. Feeling I drank only to produce enough sweat. I didn't want to know how bad we smell, but it felt really disgusting. The only good thing was that everyone was doing the same.

Ralf tried to deal with my statement as professionally as possible without laughing at the microphone: "The fact that you do the training by day is a hot thing for all of us. It's just 28 °C and behind a window felt 50. The riders will probably be looking forward to their ice bath, at least I would like to have one." I agreed with him, because nothing was happening on the track, we could easily digress a little bit.

"At the baths I find you funny to see, which one did you have, like a bathtub or a children's paddling pool and then there are the garbage cans", I wanted to know about him.

He had to laugh up briefly: 'There wasn't a garbage can, but I didn't get a bathtub either. It was mostly really a paddling pool or a big bowl. The main thing is that the body is cooled." I could only agree with him, but the garbage cans already look a bit uncomfortable.

"This is the end of the first training, what do you take from these 90 minutes and what do you expect for the next 90 minutes in less than three hours?" I wanted to know from Ralf. While I had emptied my third bottle.

Ralf was still looking at the monitors: "As you can see in the times, Ferrari is really strong. But I hope that Red Bull and Mercedes will show something more, especially from Ricciardo I expect a little more. "

"You have heard it, ladies and gentlemen, then we hope that your wish will come true. But first we treat ourselves to a good canteen dinner. We will then report back to you at home at 5 p.m. with the second free training live from Bahrain", so we could take a break.

We fled from the small cabin outside and it actually felt a bit cooler. But unfortunately, only for a few seconds and then we felt the blazing sun in our face again. The two of us made our way to the press building to get something to eat from the canteen, but I didn't get that far.

Since a nice Aussie shouted at me from the side: "Have you run a marathon?" He sat in his ice bath and seemed to enjoy it and I have to admit I would really like to be with him in this thing. Nicely, his friend and trainer immediately offered me a water bottle, which I thankfully took and started drinking.

"The sun just has such a beautiful stand that it shines directly through the window. Although it has air conditioning, it has the cooling, if at all perhaps by 0.5°G and is also at the very back of the room. Since we sit so beautifully behind the window, one can imagine how the sun shines beautifully on us. At the end of the weekend, my face is brown, and the rest is still as white as snow," I joked. Michael seemed to have real pity, while Daniel laughed as nicely as he was. He probably almost always laughed, which was kind of nice.

I took another big sip from the bottle when Michael looked at me this time: "What did the training look like from outside?" I just put my thumbs up because I was still drinking.

"Clearly it could have been better for you, but it was almost a bit too boring. It's just a practice, you just don't get to see a lot of action. Just hope that it will be a little more exciting, even more in front," I tried to explain myself. The more forwards were to win or pole, the more beautiful it was to look. But it seems to be a Ferrari weekend, where maybe Mercedes will still be driving. Even Max will probably have to have fun with fifth place behind the two Ferrari and Mercedes drivers, which was actually a pity.