Chapter 97

With back pain, I woke up through my cell phone alarm clock, immediately two agonizing noises sounded next to me. All of a sudden, I was more than awake and startled, but calmed down again when I recognized Caterina and Jessi. The three of us had fallen asleep in Jessi's bed, which probably also explained the back pain, as we were more or less on top of each other.

"Turn off the noise!" Jessi grumbled at me. She was probably the only person in the world who was a bigger morning grouch than me. Unlike the other two, I couldn't turn over and go back to sleep. After all, I wasn't here for my pleasure and had to work.

Not fully awake, I grabbed my phone and let the two of them go back to sleep as I walked to my and Max's room. I unlocked my card and found Max still asleep in bed, cuddling with my pillow.

I gently crept to his side of the bed and stroked his cheek before kissing him: "Get up, practice and qualifying are coming up. Or do you want to give Mercedes the poles?"

Sleepily, the Dutchman opened his eyes and looked first at me, then at my pillow. When his gaze fell on it, he immediately let go of it and stretched himself extensively. Slightly amused, I looked at him briefly before I went in search of my clothes.

While I had now got dressed, my boyfriend had already managed to get ready in the bathroom and now came to me at the mirror in the room: "You look beautiful, even without the smear. How is Jessi, have you been able to help?"

"She's in a complete crisis and questioning her whole life. She will come to Monaco with us for now. Distance to Greg will help her for the time being, then she can collect herself again without distraction from him," I updated him.

He just nodded: "That will certainly do her good, Monaco always helps to clear her head. She can stay as long as she wants, luckily we have a guest room."

"To ensure that we continue to have one, we will meet with a market member on Monday and look at houses. I'm just wondering how I can help her see a future again," I rubbed under his nose again.

"Let's do it," he said adversely to himself, "but you won't help change clothes as agreed. I don't want to worry about you any more. Montreal was enough for me, I want to finally get some peace and quiet here. Maybe then you can look forward to the babies more and not just pretend to do it."

"Peace and quiet would be really nice, a lot of things can't happen anymore anyway. My family is gone, Jessi is single, what's going to happen," I tried to appear calm. Although my family still hurt me and would probably do it forever, after all, they were my parents, brother.

Max just took me in his arms: "From now on, everything will be better, I promise. We find a house and can prepare for the two little ones with peace of mind. But the first thing we should do is get practice and qualifying behind us."

I briefly gave him a kiss in agreement, before I brushed my teeth in the bathroom and got ready for the day. When I came out, Max was sitting on our bed and on his cell phone.

He looked up at me questioningly, "Can we?" I confirmed him, taking my things, but luckily he didn't take them from me. Fortunately, he had learned this lesson, I carry my work bag myself, unless I ask.

Max took his room card, then we went out of the house together to the parking lot of the car. His coach was waiting for us there, and we greeted him briefly before we all got into the car.

"Your friend won't come with us?" came from the back seat. Still slightly next to me, I looked back at Bradley, I didn't know how he knew her. Immediately yesterday came back in my memory and that she had followed. Jos had then taken her into the pits, where she had probably met Bradley.