Chapter 114

"Do you also want to examine the meeting room before I'm allowed in, or can I go in and do my job on my own?", Max had accompanied me to the front of the meeting room. Even when I wanted to say goodbye to him in front of the Sky building, he didn't let himself be brushed off and now he made no attempt to leave my site. He stood next to me like a guard dog, his hand always on my lower back.

"No," he said tensely, "but who knows if Dilara is still here somewhere."

I rolled my eyes: "She was dismissed and denied access to the building or property. She's not here, Max. We're safe here, you go to the cafeteria and relax." You didn't have to know him to see that it didn't suit him.

"How long will the meeting last?" he immediately asked. Admittedly, it was a bit nerve-wracking and didn't make it easy for me to concentrate on my job. Because I felt that I had to do everything as quickly as possible, since he was waiting for me.

"I don't know," I remained honest, "An hour, maybe longer. I don't know Max, but I'll come down to the cafeteria as soon as we're done with the meeting. But I still have to write my report after that."

Satisfied looked different, but he said goodbye and went back to the elevator: "Well, got rid of your watchdog?" Frightened, I turned around, where Kion an intern smiled at me. We hadn't really had much to do yet, but we had always gotten along well when we met here. We were also pretty much the same age, which was rare in the industry. Since I was already young for my job, it didn't bother me.

"Thank God, yes. He's still driving me crazy. Nobody can get in here who doesn't belong, we have security personnel and yet he follows me every step of the way," I let my anger breathe.

"It's cute," said the German, "He is worried about you and takes care of you so lovingly. You wouldn't have thought of him." I heard that a lot, but I only knew him that way. Of course, I had read the articles before I met him. Only he had always shown this gentlemanly side of himself to me. Even if it was too much, I loved him for it.

I sighed, "Only sometimes it's a little too much. But we're going to get through that." The last part was more for me than for Kion. After all, he didn't know the whole story of Dilara. Everyone here knew that she was suspected of tampering with the car. But that's all there is to it.

"Hanna, are you coming?" Tomas had appeared in the doorway and looked at me waiting. I nodded at him and said goodbye to Kion before heading into the meeting. There I sat down next to Ralf, who greeted me briefly. When it started.

Admittedly, I enjoyed being in the meeting because I had some time without Max. I loved him, but he was just too glued to me. A miracle I was allowed to go to the toilet alone. He was next to me every step outside our home in Monaco.

When I told him last night that I had to go to Munich and then go to Switzerland to see my uncle, he almost freaked out. He postponed extra appointments so that he could come along, although I had said several times that it was not necessary. I felt reasonably safe here, as everyone here knew Dilara, and she didn't come near me unseen.

After we had discussed the weekend and had already talked a bit about Hockenheim and Budapest, we were allowed to leave: "Hanna, you can wait a little longer." Tomas had stopped me before I could leave the room through the door.

"What's going on?" I looked at him, slightly surprised. He waited briefly until only he and I were left in the room.

"Because of pregnancy," he began, "since it is generally discouraged to fly in multiples. It would be a relief for us if you did a pre-flight examination from now on. Just so that we are reassured that nothing will happen to you and of course because of the insurance. In addition, we also discussed that you would go on maternity leave after Austin at the latest, after all they are twins, and we want you to come back fit in the new season. At least as fit as babies get."