Chapter 117

With some distance, the blonde groped after me, you could almost think she was nervous: "Are you sure it's okay that I'm here?" I rolled my eyes as she asked me this for the third time in a row.

"Still, yes," we had now reached the fireplace with the benches. Almost the whole team was there, so I went straight to Tomas and greeted him. Jessi stood behind me and looked around.

"Hello Tomas," I was now in a good mood again, "This is Jessi, my best friend." The blonde's gaze went to my boss and smiled at him before kindly shaking his hand. They exchanged the usual words before moving on to Uwe and Leon.

The two of them already had a beer in their hands and Uwe had the grill tongs in the other: "Well, everything black already?" I clearly felt too comfortable in the team, but no one seemed to have any problems with it. They just laughed at my saying and knew I wasn't serious.

"For you, always, you're not allowed to eat raw meat. I don't want to mess with Max, but who is your charming companion? Thought you'd drag Max along," the older of the two replied.

"May I introduce, Jessi," I introduced her officially, "My best friend has always been my best friend. Max apologizes, he doesn't feel so comfortable around you. He's probably afraid he's spilling too many secrets while he's drunk."

"He has secrets. I guess I'll have to have a serious word with him tomorrow," I turned around, frightened. Immediately a smile came to my lips, and I hugged Ralf.

Even though I knew it was just fun, my protector's instinct had kicked in: "In front of you, not in front of me."

"I'd say yes, then we'll fill you up until you tell us. But that's not possible, Max has already made sure of that. Maybe it was all his plan, so that you wouldn't spill a secret while drunk," Leon's theory came.

"Sure," I said sarcastically, "He only impregnated me so that I wouldn't drunkenly spill RedBull secrets today. Even better, Christian and Helmut commissioned him to do it." We could all only laugh about it, as we all knew it was just fun.

Tomas shook his head when he also gave Ralf and Jessi a beer, while I got apple spritzer: "Luckily we are among ourselves, otherwise someone else would put the conspiracy theories of yours on the net."

"That's why I work for Sky and not for Bild," it slipped out of me.

"Is that the only reason?" my boss asked, "Thought we were the best employers and that you loved our team."

I shrugged: "I've never worked for Bild, maybe they're better and have the better team. But here I have my family and privacy, so I don't need to find out what Bild is like as an employer."

"You would also be too overqualified there, your journalism is too good to work there," Tomas confirmed to me. He patted me on the back, which was enough confirmation for me that I was doing my job well.

Since the meat was really good, we all sat down together at the table and started eating. Jessi had already thawed out and was chatting casually with my colleagues as if she had known them for years. This also made me more relaxed and allowed me to enjoy the food.

Apart from me, the others drank plenty of beer, wine and after dinner we went over to schnapps. I have to admit it annoyed me that I wasn't allowed to drink with them. It was also funny to be the only sober person in the group and to see how everyone was getting more and more drunk.

Apart from me, Tomas and Uwe had also brought companions with them, which was really exciting to get to know their wives. I talked to them and learned about the sides of the gentlemen I didn't know at work.

"Uwe told me that you were moving, have you already planned that?", Silvi asked the wife of my sound man. I quickly swallowed my apple juice, which I had been sipping all evening, as I wasn't allowed to drink anything else.