Chapter 79

Relaxed I spooned my soup, which was really a blessing. I didn't have a stranglehold feeling, which was just nice. These medications had really worked and I was able to eat and drink again.

"Should I turn on the training?", Jos looked at me questioningly. Without thinking, I nodded as I wanted to see what Max was up to while waiting for the final results. For so long, Jos had agreed to 'keep watch' so that my friend could do laps on the track with peace of mind.

"There we have RedBull," it came from the commentator of the Canadian television station, "You and Max made a pretty tough statement yesterday. In which it is demanded that the journalists should stay away from Max's girlfriend. She is said to have collapsed yesterday in pain on the paddock and is now in the hospital. Neither Sky nor Max have commented on her condition so far, so one can only hope that she and the babies are doing well."

His colleague now also interfered: "But it is also understandable that Max and RedBull demand this. That was almost a hunt, which would have been bad for normal circumstances, but also dangerous as a pregnant woman. Let's hope the best for Hanna and the babies." It was nice to hear that there were also people who were normal in the head. But I hoped that the journalists would also comply with Max and RedBull's request and leave me alone. Although I felt much better thanks to the medication, because I could eat and drink again.

"Should I switch off? You should still rest and not let yourself get upset or stressed," Jos wanted to know from me. I just shook my head as I felt relaxed and saw no reason not to look any further.

He looked at me skeptically: "But if it stresses you out, please let me know and I'll switch off immediately." Rolling my eyes, I looked at my friend's father because I didn't like the way I was treated like a raw egg.

"The only thing that stresses me out right now is that you don't even trust me to watch a workout. Please just treat me normally, I can't hear your paternalism anymore!" I was visibly upset. Which made Jos have his arms and stay still, as he wanted me to calm down again.

Now that I had vented my anger, I could relax and watch as my friend and the others got into their cars: "What did Ferrari do to make them so fast?" Otherwise, it's always a matter between Max and the Mercedes.

"I don't know, but it's just training. In qualifying, it will return to normal, at least I hope," we both continued to stare at the TV. All our attention was on the screen, so we were frightened when the room door opened.

With wide eyes, we both looked at the doctor who was in charge of me today: "We have good and bad news for her, Miss Gasser. The blood values are better, but not yet so good that they can get out. We will take blood again tomorrow and then see. Until then, they can't go back to the hotel or home."

Disappointed and frustrated, I let myself fall into the pillow: "You're and the health of the babies comes first, Hanna. You'll be commenting on a lot of races, I'll make sure of that personally, but now you have to pass the weekend."

"And how are you going to make sure I don't get fired?" I gave it back bitingly. I felt sorry for Jos, he just meant well. But my mood was in the basement, because I just wanted to get out of the stupid, sterile room.

"You won't be fired," Jos escaped, "and I'll take the kids after the birth during the race weekends so you can continue working like you do now. So, relax and enjoy watching a race and not having to comment."

"But I'd rather comment than just look," I looked at him like a toddler.

Before Jos could say anything, the doctor cleared his throat: "Before I can leave her alone, I would have to do some more examinations. But you would have to leave the room for a short time." At the last part he looked at my future father-in-law. Somewhat reluctantly he got up and left the room after a scrutinizing look at me. So I was alone with the doctor, who, among other things, did an ultrasound on my stomach and measured the blood pressure. After a few questions, I had also made it and the older version of my friend was allowed back in to me.