Chapter 75

When we landed in Montreal, I clung directly to Max. The lightning storm would probably start right away, but we had to go through it now, because the paparazzi would leave us no choice. For them we were found food. With the pregnancy even more than we were before.

I could already feel people's looks on my stomach, even though there was nothing to see: "People are staring." My grip became firmer because it was really uncomfortable for me, which is why Max now turned completely to me.

"Ignore these people. Only you and I are here," easier said than done when everyone was staring at you. But it would probably get worse if the photographers came along and behaved like wild animals.

I held my loved one's hand tightly while holding a bag in front of my stomach with the other. I wanted to prevent people from staring at it because I just felt too uncomfortable. But it didn't really help either.

Together we fought our way to the exit of the airport, where a man was already waiting for us with the rental car. "Get in quickly, I'll pack our bags in the trunk." He didn't have to tell me that, because I just wanted to escape the cameras. Although they also took pictures of me when I was sitting in the car.

As best I could, I didn't try to look out of the car at the photographers. Only it was difficult, because they were not exactly quiet and constantly the flashes lit up the underground car park. It was a pure nightmare, my personal nightmare.

Max climbed into the driver's seat as fast as he could to get us away. But for me, every second had been too long: "Do we want to make a stopover in a restaurant?" Luckily, he had already taken us a bit away from the crowd and just left the parking garage.

"I'm tired, can't we go straight to the hotel? There we could order something in the room and just enjoy the time we still have as a couple?" Actually, I wasn't tired yet. But I didn't want to eat in public because everyone would just stare.

Max sighed briefly: "We can do it, but Daniel had asked me before and I thought it wouldn't be a problem." It wouldn't have been a problem if no one had known about the pregnancy. I didn't want to be perforated with questions and looks.

"Then let's eat with them," he should not suffer. In addition, it was our friends who would probably know when enough was enough. Maybe I was lucky and they left me alone.

"We don't have to," he began: "if you're not feeling well. You and the babies go first. The main thing is that nothing happens to you." It was meant sweetly by Max, but I knew how much he wanted to eat. He should also be able to enjoy the time before he has to change diapers instead of partying.

"How about you drop me off at the hotel before you go to the others. So I can rest and you can eat," I tried to find a compromise. In which I did not have to go in public and he could eat.

Max didn't seem really excited: "And if something happens to you? That's too risky for me. You've had so much stress in the last few days, flying, and you're still in the tricky phase. I won't leave you alone."

"We're doing well, I promise. If something were, Christian, Helmut and others from your team would also be there. I'm not alone, that's possible," I assured him. I would rather go to dinner with me than Max would do without it.

But my arguments had convinced him so far that he agreed with my plan. He still didn't like him, but he would go out to eat and I can relax in the tub.

Max POV

I had dropped Hanna and the suitcases at the hotel before I went to the boys: "Where did you leave your better half?" Daniel had discovered me first and seemed surprised to see me without Hanna. Which I couldn't blame him for after the last race weekend, because I was really glued to Hanna there.