Chapter 71

With my laptop on my lap, I lay outside on a lounger in Belgium and enjoyed the warm weather while I was at work. Max lay nicely in my field of vision doing his exercises, which made it difficult for me to concentrate on my work, but somehow, I still managed it.

Jos had gone to pick Blue up and Sandy was walking with Jason, so no one was there except Max and me. Which my friend probably wasn't interested in because he focused on training and I was dealing with statistics. Until my head was buzzing with all the numbers and I decided to take a break.

"Do you want something to eat too?", Max looked at me in surprise. After all, we had spent the last hour in silence because we had been so engrossed. He had probably also switched off everything around himself and fully immersed himself on his body and the exercises.

Since he was training his neck, his answer was visibly strained: "I just have to do this exercise, then we can also satisfy another hunger." I laughed and rolled my eyes, because this was probably so typical for him. But I really wanted to have an ice cream, which was probably also due to the pregnancy.

Without saying a word, I went inside the freezer and got my chocolate ice cream. Yesterday I had bought a supply for the week. Ever since I knew I was pregnant; I've been in the mood for ice cream or other sweets. Which was probably a side effect of my Red Bull withdrawal, because it was really difficult to survive without a sip. I really should have reduced my consumption earlier so that it wouldn't be so drastic now.

I enjoyed taking a spoon off my ice cream while reading messages on my phone: "You look really hot right now, the way you have the spoon in your mouth." Frightened, I took the thing out of my mouth and looked at my boyfriend who was in the door to the garden.

"Wait another half a year and I'm as fat as a walrus, then nothing is sexy anymore," I countered. Max shook his head and came to me in the kitchen. He stood as close as he could in front of me and put a hand on my cheek.

"You will always be sexy," he was deadly serious, "because in you are our babies. That alone makes you even more attractive to me. "The hormones came back and I started crying, which Max already knew. He just smiled and gave me a kiss on the head before pulling me tightly to himself. His warmth made my tears sealed, instead I felt my heartbeat skyrocket, as if I was freshly in love.

Carefully, Max broke away from me a bit and knelt so that his head was at the level of my stomach: "Can you please make sure that your mom doesn't cry anymore, I don't like to see Mommy cry. In addition, you should be very kind to her and not let her spit anymore if I want my bacon or eggs." Eggs, bacon and coffee are my death at the moment, just the smell made me retch, while I loved eggs with bacon.

"The fact that I wouldn't have to spit in general would be even better," Max laughed and gave my stomach a kiss before he got up. Immediately I got a kiss on the lips. It didn't stop at the one kiss; Max Kiss became more and more intense. Even though I actually wanted to eat my ice cream, I had to admit that it excited me and I was only too happy to get involved in it.

Just as we were about to get up to our room, we heard the front door: "MAX!" A little girl came running and Jos was also in the door. The little mouse was really cute as she fell into her brother's arms. Automatically, I had to imagine what it would be like if our little mice could do the same. But this would take long enough until the time had come.

"Hanna!", she seemed surprised. But immediately she wanted to get out of her brother's arms and came to me. She happily embraced me, while both boys admonished her to be careful. At least I knew where Max got this from.

Carefully, Blue looked up at me: "I thought you're only coming to the weekend? Then we can already get on the ice today!" If I hadn't stopped her, she would probably have disappeared from the house again.