Chapter 133

I was sitting at the breakfast table with Max when the doorbell rang: "That's going to be Charlotte, we want to go shopping and then go to the preparatory course." I jumped up from my seat as I went to open the door for her.

"Why shouldn't I go with you?", I looked at him with raised eyebrows, but before I answered the gate opening button, he could probably answer the question himself. After all, he had been the one who had said he never wanted to go back.

"You said," I looked at him again, "that you never want to go there again, that it was a waste of time. So I asked Charlotte and she loved it." Max shrugged his shoulders and took a bite of his bread.

Before he could say anything, the Monegasque was already there: "Ready for baby shopping? This is going to be so great now that we can specifically look for boys' dresses. The clothes are always cute and small." It was now Max's turn to raise his eyebrows, as he probably couldn't understand the eagerness. Me neither, to be honest. Charlotte had persuaded me to that day, I would have much preferred to stay at home and prepare for next weekend in Singapore.

"I hope you gave Hanna your credit card," she looked sternly at my boyfriend. He almost choked on his food before he took out his wallet and wanted to give me his card.

"All right," I declined, "I have my own money, too." My boyfriend shrugged his shoulders and was about to take care of the card again, when the Monegasque probably had something against it.

"With all my love Hanna, but I don't know if your limit will survive the day", now I was the one who looked at her with big eyes. What on earth did she intend that my card wouldn't be enough, or did she underestimate my income?

Neither Max nor I could say anything when Charlotte had already withdrawn the Dutchman's card and took my hand: "Bye bye Max, have a nice day to you." Puzzled, I looked over my friend's shoulder as I was pulled to the front door.

He looked at me just as amazed: "Have fun and take care of Hanna and the babies. And please don't break me." I knew he was more afraid of Charlotte going broke him than I was. After all, I didn't want his card at all.

"I'll do it, enjoy your day off. You can call Daniel or something, as long as it's not Hanna," I quickly grabbed my things and the car keys before she dragged me outside.

In front of the door I put on my shoes with difficulty, which became more and more difficult with the ball, but at the moment I still managed to do it on my own: "Thank you for letting me put on my clothes in peace, really nice." The sarcasm didn't seem to bother her, on the contrary, she laughed and helped me get up when I had the shoes on.

"Come on, that was funny. Just Max's puzzled face, just delicious," I didn't want to know what my face had looked like. Probably not much better than my friend's.

We ran down to the garage to Max and my family car: "I didn't think Max would buy such a normal car. She sat in the passenger seat and I got behind the wheel. As long as my stomach still allowed it and Max wasn't with me, I wanted to drive myself.

I skilfully parked and drove out of the garage, down from our property: "Where do you actually want to go?" Since I hadn't thought about buying baby clothes until now, I hadn't paid attention to such stores yet. I also didn't know if there were any here in Monaco.

"We can go to the shopping center in Nice first and only go home to the baby boutique here in Monaco," that sounded like a very long day. But I guess I had to go through that.

So I drove to the highway to Nice, luckily I already knew the way to the shopping center there: "First we're going to look for clothes for you and the little ones, then a stroller, baby seat, child seat..."