Chapter 19

After eating we had taken a short walk on the beach, so we were not at my hotel until about midnight. Luckily, we both didn't have to get out early today and were able to sleep out until noon. Just in time for the departure to the terrain I was finished and down in the lobby.

"Long night?" Leo asked me. I just swayed and bit into an apple that I had grabbed at the reception. Behind the cameraman I got on the bus and this time Sat down a row behind him because I wasn't quite awake yet. But I wasn't alone for a long time, as Sandra sat down with me.

Before we set off, Leo looked across the seat to me in the back: "We still have to bet on today's winner, I bet on Leclerc." This time I could even imagine that he might be right, but Vettel would have been too easy for me.

"If you go with Ferrari, I'll go with Mercedes, with Hamilton. The loser has to wear a cap or cap on the next race with Looser standing," we hit again. The punishment was nothing bad now, but it should also serve more to entertain others than to really be a punishment.

Sandra next to me could only shake her head: "You don't have them all anymore. But I'd be more interested in why I saw a driver in front of your door yesterday." My eyes became big and my mouth immediately dry. She had only whispered the last part to me, but I was afraid that anyone else had heard it. I realized how risky it had been to meet max, especially the pick-up was pretty stupid of both of us.

"He was just so nice and had picked me up for dinner with the others, you know because of the rules in this country," their eyebrows raised. I could only look at her too well that my colleague did not believe me. I was also ashamed that I lied to her, but I was scared. My pulse had risen and was now hitting my neck violently, which had betrayed me even more.

Sandra's face became friendlier and she bent over so that only I could hear her words: "You can't tell Ralf that to me. Max almost shook with nervousness and was safely standing at your door for five minutes before he knocked. But you should be more careful who sees you and where you meet. You want to make headlines with it." I nodded weakly, trying to imagine Max standing at my door. When I opened it, I didn't notice any of his nervousness, so he really must have been there for a while.

While driving, I had my left earphone inside and listened to songs from Queen, staring out the window. I didn't notice the surroundings because my thoughts were once again with the Dutch driver. Last night I was still sure that I wanted to get to know him, even if it might cost my job. But now I wasn't so sure again, because I really hung on to my work. It was just going crazy because I was torn back and forth.

Sandra had only slightly groped me when we arrived, she had said nothing. I was very grateful to my colleague for that, because I just wanted some peace and quiet. At home, Jessica would immediately take me back in the pliers and ask why I wouldn't find peace there.

"Hanna!" Max waved to him and his father. Next to them was a blonde woman who certainly had to be Victoria, at least I assumed. I kindly serenely send to Max's father before the driver briefly hugged me. Then he introduced me to his sister, who also took me in his arms. That didn't count, so I was surprised for a moment and needed a moment to reciprocate the hug.

Jos Verstappen looked at me with a slight smile: "And a bet made today? I'm hoping for my son.' My cheeks got warmer, apparently Mr. Verstappen had heard about my bet in Melbourne and looked at me inquiringly.

"Yes and no, I didn't want to wear a cap with the inscription Looser, which is why I took the safe rail with Hamilton. I'm probably going to lose anyway, because Ferrari has such a good weekend and Leo bet on Leclerc," Jos could only laugh. The driver of RedBull, on the other hand, looked at me indignantly. His sister could only shake her head.