Chapter 72

"Give me your hands and go on the ice very carefully. I hold you. Nothing can happen to you," I instructed Blue. She did what I said and followed me to the smooth surface while Jos made photos of us. He probably wanted to capture his daughter's first steps on the ice, which was really cute from him.

Max, on the other hand, looked like he was ready to run on the ice and get me down, because he didn't like the idea at all. In his opinion, I should not go on the ice because I was pregnant. But I couldn't even remember my last fall, so I didn't see a problem.

Wobbly, Blue now stood on the ice and clung to my hands: "This is slippery." I couldn't help but laugh, because of course the ice was slippery. It was just too sweet how she tried to keep herself on her feet and looked at it highly concentrated.

"You do a great job, always careful and slow. Just like that, I hold you, nothing can happen to you"," slowly I drove backwards so that she could move forward. She also made it wobbly and only looked at her feet. But for the beginning this was also okay, because apart from us no one was here.

Jos seemed excited about his daughter, while Max was tense and couldn't stand still: "You're doing great , princess." I had always wanted something like this from my father, but I had never received praise, but that's how my father was . A pat on the back was the greatest praise I had ever received when I won in a competition or a game.

"Try to have a look at me," I wanted to encourage Blue. The little one also tried, but after a few seconds the view had gone down again. Which is why I detached a hand from her and gently took her head in my hand. Slightly frightened, she now looked me in the eye.

I smiled encouragingly at her: "It's all good, nothing happens to you, I'm paying attention." Since she wanted to nod to me , I released my hand from her chin and took her hand again instead. So we drove two laps until she got used to the ice.

"Should I let you go?" In a panic, she looked at me and shook her head. Actually, I wanted to continue, but the vibrating of my phone stopped me. So we stopped at the gang, which Blue quickly got hold of so I could look at my phone.

My phone didn't stop vibrating, I was almost flooded with messages, which made my heart beat faster. When I opened the first message, my heart slipped into my pants. It was a link to a newspaper article. At the moment I also had to hold on to the gang because my eyes turned black and yet I could clearly see the headline.

"Max!" Was everything I could say or better screamed. Dilara had made good on her threat. My secret was no longer one, everyone knew now that I was pregnant. Even my family, who just bombarded me with news.

My legs failed and I slid onto the ice after the gang, but I did not feel the cold. I was cold and hot at the same time and really bad. I couldn't really believe what had happened. It had literally pulled the floor from under my feet.

"Hanna?" Blue looked anxiously at me. I wanted to make it clear to her with a smile that I was fine, but I failed miserably. Instead, her father took the little one in his arms, while Max almost fell on me because he didn't have any shoes for the ice cream on. It seemed like he had just gotten just as much news and seen the headlines. Because he hadn't said a word, he just took me in his arms.

All the dams broke inside me and I cried bitterly, "Shhh, everything will be fine. I am with you, I am with you." Like a mantra, he repeated his words all the time, but I couldn't calm down. My house of cards had collapsed and all I was left with was the fear of the future.

"I...", I couldn't get any further. The ringing of my cell phone interrupted me. Anxiously, I looked my friend in the eye as I pulled out my phone and saw my mom calling me. Encouraging and encouraging, Max nodded at me. While I took a deep breath, Max pushed me a little closer to himself.