Chapter 36

Max Pov:

Shortly after the start Hanna had already fallen asleep, the painkillers had done a good job with the alcohol and the blabbermouth had calmed down. Not that I didn't love her talkative way, because I did, but it was just to have quiet.

It had taken me a lot of persuasion, but Hanna had to vote for the private jet in the end, so I just had absolute peace. This was very nice just after a race weekend like this, because Shanghai had definitely not been my race. The track wasn't the best for our car either, but with the fourth place I could at least make a place good.

But the best thing happened to me beside the place, even if we weren't together yet. But I would do this before Baku, but I also accompanied her to Munich and to have more time with her.

Carefully I looked down at my chest, where Hanna's head lay and she smiled peacefully. Even in her sleep, she spoke, but it wasn't really understandable, even a few words. I couldn't take it and take a photo.

I briefly thought about it and then decided to post: 'Even sleep can't stop her, my little chatter.' I put a heart behind it and tagged the little sleeping cap on my chest. I was more than aware that I was pouring oil into the press fire with this post, but they should write what they wanted, I didn't want to hide my happiness any more.

Actually, I wouldn't have known the press if it hadn't been for Hanna. No one would leave it cold if negative ones were written about the woman you loved, and certainly not if you were the reason for it. Watching her own colleagues besiege and persecute her was terrifying. I really thought that thanks to her profession she would get away with it a little better, so among colleagues. Unfortunately, I had probably missed myself, the reporters probably were not holy.

Tired I rubbed my eyes, it had been a short night, because an alcoholic Hanna could be a bit exhausting. This time it was the medications that probably could not tolerate the alcohol and thus had let the intoxication come faster and stronger.

The only good thing of the evening was to see how Hanna got along with Elena. Pierre and I weren't best friends, but it was good to know that Hanna would get along with the other women. Especially the friends of us younger were a sworn troupe, if Elena accepted and liked Hanna, then Lily, Giada and Seychelle would do the same.

I slipped a little deeper in my seat to make it more comfortable, but I didn't try to wake Up Hanna, which I managed to do. Relaxed I lay in the seat and had my feet on the opposite seat, while the Swiss still had her head on my chest and the rest on the seat next to it. Even though I doubted it was very comfortable, I didn't want to move it. She needed sleep and I didn't want to hurt her if I accidentally got to her injuries. So, I preferred to leave them in this position and closed my eyes myself.

In fact, I had fallen asleep quickly, but woke up when I heard someone swearing next to me. Carefully I opened my eyes and looked at the empty seat next to me. A little further to the right, my gaze went when he saw a swearing Hanna. She held her foot and had probably stumbled somewhere, which made me smile tiredly.

She hadn't spotted me right away; it wasn't until she happened to look up from her foot that our eyes met. Immediately she fell silent and my smile became even wider, as an incredible warmth spread in me. Her reddish-brown eyes shone and slowly twitched her corners of her mouth upwards.

I reached out to her, which she immediately accepted: "Does the lady need a doctor?" She pretended to think and finally nodded. Carefully, I pulled her closer and closer to me until she sat on my lap. As she sat across, I was able to take her foot well and stroked over it.

"Max, it was the other foot. As a doctor, you probably wouldn't earn much because patients would die you," she grinned at me. I just raised my eyebrows in dig and raised them straight up. Without thinking about it, I put them on the seats opposite the four compartment and wanted to bend over them. But since I hadn't set her off quite so gently, she covered her face. Immediately I stopped and looked at her anxiously.