Chapter 38

After talking to my boss and generally after the long day at work, I had no desire to go somewhere to eat: "Can't we have a nice evening here?" Today Max had to insist on going out to eat in a restaurant of his choice.

"You're going to love it, there won't be any photographers there, promised," Max slammed my suggestion. I just couldn't understand why he was so stubborn that we go to the restaurant.

Even though I was already sitting on the bed in a dress and made-up, I didn't want to leave the room: "I had a long and not exactly great day, so please let's stay here." Max, who just rolled up his sleeves from his shirt, paused. He had either totally suppressed the conversation with my boss or simply forgotten it, but now he could remember it and turned to me.

"Do you have to leave Formula One? Or even Sky?" he asked me. As I dodged his gaze, the worst fears arose in him. But I remembered Mr. Schmidt's words, which were not exactly flattering for the Dutchman.

So that he could breathe the paused air again, I shook my head: "At least not yet, he certainly wants to wait for Baku. If I can't do my job because of the press, or the voices of viewers who want to get away from me, then I'll be moved."

'Then we don't give them a reason, we keep our distance on the paddock and do as normal as we can. Even if it's going to be hard, I'm not going to be complicit in you being transferred," Max said. But for me nothing was clear, because who could tell me that this would work.

Why can't life even be nice and give me my happiness: "What if not Max? What if the press then only besieges me or you more and even more viewers see me as not neutral? What then? I don't mean that because of the job, but what happens to us."

"What's going to happen, I don't like you because of your job. I don't care if you're commenting or cleaning in an office from me. I like you as a person, not you as a commentator," he tried to reassure me. But he probably didn't quite understand what I meant, so I didn't calm down.

I looked desperately at Max: "We could see each other, if only between the race weekend, we would be separated from each other maybe even for weeks." Now Max seemed to understand my real concern, the fear that we might live apart if we couldn't see each other on the paddock. Sure, all the other couples made it, but after talking to my boss, new fears had arisen in me.

"Until now, we only saw each other at the paddock and otherwise wrote that we would have even more time the other way around. Hanna we will always find a way, but to think about something that may never happen is superfluous. First of all, we will have a nice evening and we plan the rest step by step", I still didn't really feel like it. But because the food seemed so important to him, I was persuaded to go with him.

To love him and me, I tried to forget the day and my worries: "What did you do today?" I looked at Max, who was sitting behind the steering wheel and steering the car through the streets of Munich.

"Have done things," I could do a lot with that answer. But since he did not want to say anything specific by himself, I did not want to ask. So, I stayed still and looked out the window. I listened to the radio where Nico Santos was playing with a new song, which I really liked. Quietly I was summing along while Max was drumming with his fingers on the steering wheel.

Even though we both focused on the radio, the mood was kind of weird. The conversation didn't seem to let us both go, even though we both tried. In addition, Max seemed more and more nervous the closer we got to the restaurant. So slowly, because of his behaviour, what he intended to do today dawns on me.

"You already know that I would say yes if we were sitting on the bed with pizza," I escaped. We were almost there and I hadn't really tried to say anything, but I couldn't resist it.