Chapter 119

Still carried by the adrenaline rush I got out of the car; I could now understand why Max loved his job so much. It was a lot of fun to race over the track, but it was also damn exhausting.

"Hanna, can I talk to you in private," all of a sudden, I felt sober. I hadn't even seen Max next to Thomas with our crew when he spoke to me. His look alone told me that he wasn't quite so happy about the shoot.

Since my boss nodded at me, I walked a little further away from the group with my boyfriend: "Before you say anything. The cars were checked several times and I always had it under control."

"But that could have changed quickly, the way you and Ralf drove!" came from him, "Are you abandoned by all good spirits, how many more car accidents do you want to have this year?"

"I had everything under control," I repeated more energetically.

Max, on the other hand, seemed to despair slightly: "You're not a racing driver and even if you are, that doesn't give you any guarantee!" Even if I didn't want to, he was right on that point. Even Max has no guarantee that he will return to the pits unharmed. Only I had forgotten everything in the car and a feeling that you probably only got in a car.

"Damn," he began again, "I'm so proud of you too. You raced like a world champion against Ralf. Even if I don't approve of it, but you would have been a great racer."

Thanks to hormones, a tear came to my eyes. Perhaps also because I had heard these words so rarely and had done so much as a child and teenager to hear these words just once. But my parents had never said these words to me just once.

"Thank you," I kind of burst out. Without saying anything else, Max hugged me, lightly stroked my head and gave me the feeling I had always been looking for. To be loved and secure. Something that the two of them never have to look for in me, I had sworn to myself.

Luckily, everyone knew I was pregnant. So, it was less embarrassing to cry in the middle of the pit lane, because everyone blamed it on the hormones and almost dismissed it as normal. In addition, everyone left us alone and we could take as much time as we wanted and believe me. I didn't want to get out of my boyfriend's arms. But at some point, we had to get back to work. More me than him, because he didn't do a track walk and only had one meeting to go to.

I, on the other hand, still had to shoot the interviews with my two colleagues, but this time I had been able to take my usual position behind the camera. I really felt much more comfortable with it, because I also had my beloved control over the questions.

"So, we have everything in the box for today," said Thomas. It was already 3 p.m., so I didn't assume that Max was still here. Nevertheless, I decided to take a look at RedBull, after all, I had to see how I got to the hotel.

"He's in his room," Helmut greeted me as I walked through the door into the interior of the motorhome. Thankfully, I followed his advice and made my way to my boyfriend's Driver Room. Without knocking, I opened the door.

There wasn't anything I hadn't seen from him: "Dude, can't you... Hanna?" He probably didn't expect me, because he wanted to yell at me first because I hadn't knocked.

"I could, but I was hoping to see you with a little less clothing. Unfortunately, fate must have had something against me," I sighed playfully. I let myself sink down next to him on his sofa, because my feet hurt slightly.

"We can change that," Max grinned mischievously at me, "Everything my princess wants." Carefully, he had pushed me up with my back on the sofa and was now leaning over me.

Just as our lips were about to meet, there was a knock on the door: "Whoever that is, I'll make it a head shorter." Max grumbled as he pulled away from me to go to the door. I quickly sat up again because I didn't want to miss the spectacle.