Chapter 101

Her voice alone made me gag, then seeing her next to him was just too much. I just wanted to and had to leave. Let him do what he wants with her, because I've gotten too fat for him.

"I said a shit! You were the one who didn't want to leave me alone. If it hadn't been for Marko or sponsors, I would have had you taken away by security a long time ago! And I'm not going to tell you again, stay away from my family!" Max snapped at her. Even if I wanted to believe him, I couldn't quite do it.

As other journalists walked past us, I felt increasingly uncomfortable. Which is why I finally fled and hurried to the front door. Being on the front pages of all the gossip press again was definitely not my goal.

No matter who was right, I didn't want to discuss further here: "Hanna, please stay. I really didn't do anything, she's lying when she opens her mouth." Max tried to stop me. In fact, I stopped at the door, his gaze enough to know that he was telling the truth. The desperation was visible and flipped a switch in me.

"Max, please, not here. Let's two go to your room, but not here," I just wanted to leave. I didn't care about Dilara if she was to stay where the devil was, but I wanted to protect myself and Max from my colleagues. He didn't deserve to get negative headlines and I didn't want to put up with it.

To make him understand that I believed him, I took his hand in mine. I lightly put pressure on them and looked him firmly in the eyes. In an instant you could see his relief and take an audible breath, which made me smile.

"Then let's go," we just left his ex standing, "We can also go straight to the hotel if you prefer." I shook my head as I wanted to talk to him as soon as possible. Of course I believed him, but I wanted to know the whole story. Even though I knew I wouldn't like it.

Hand in hand we set off, and I could see that everyone was watching us. As if they were waiting for us to offer them more headlines. But they wouldn't get that from us. I just smiled at them, hoping that they understood that everything was fine with Max and me.

Max gripped a little tighter: "Just ignore them. Let them write what they want, they will do it anyway. We know the truth." I looked at him skeptically. He may have known the truth, but I didn't really know it yet.

Just as we had opened the door to his Driver Room, we stopped: "I almost forgot. She was already well drunk, so I shipped her here so she could sober up a bit." I didn't know if I should be worried or laugh. Because Jessi really took every opportunity to get drunk, but just now it was probably not a good reason.

"Thank you," it escaped me, "then you have to drive us both to the hotel right away, because she probably won't be able to bring the rental car back safely." Still we both looked at my sleeping friend. Who snored softly.

"Always gladly, I wouldn't have let you ride with anyone else anyway. It doesn't matter if she's sober or not. As long as I can, I'll drive you so you can be safe. Who knows what else Dilara is planning," Max escaped.

This brings us back to our actual topic of conversation, his ex: "What happened last night? Woe betide you if you don't tell me any detail, I want to know everything." With that, I shifted my gaze from my sleeping girlfriend to my boyfriend.

"Sure," he was visibly uncomfortable, "we had a dinner with the sponsors, she had also been invited by Helmut. He had also seated me next to her at the table. Believe me, there have never been two hours longer than last night at dinner. Again and again she started and wanted to apologize first and then she came back with the lyre that I don't want to be a father. And God damn it, that's what I want. I want to raise these two with you and not miss anything."

His eyes lit up when he spoke of our offspring, which warmed my heart: "After dinner, I wanted to have a drink alone at the bar to relax, but it suddenly reappeared. She started trying to convince me again that I don't want to do that and that I won't be able to have a drink soon. I told her several times to get out and leave us alone. But in the end she wanted to kiss me, I pushed her away and went up into the room. Trust me, that was all and I didn't want a second of it."