Chapter 124

With an orange juice in my hand, I enjoyed the first rays of the morning on our balcony. Max was still asleep, but I had woken up from the tingling in my stomach and couldn't fall asleep.

"Not even in the world yet and already you are robbing me of sleep, while your dad can continue to sleep in peace and quiet," I stroked my stomach lovingly. I didn't get an answer.

So I just continued to enjoy the peace and quiet, which was a blessing after a hectic race weekend. Of course, I heard the cars on the street below us, but otherwise there was silence. No one who wanted to talk to me or that I had to talk to. No photographers or fans calling for Max. Just be alone with my thoughts and enjoy the moment.

With my eyes closed, I did just that, feeling the warming rays of the sun on my skin: "If you continue like this, you'll soon get sunburned." That was probably the end of my rest, but I still kept my eyes closed.

"It's worth it to me," I replied, "We have a lot to do today and I want to enjoy the peace and quiet a little longer." Even though we had holidays, we had a lot to do where we didn't get to during the race weekend. Like starting packing, lawyer or the prenatal course I had signed up for Max and me.

"We can't buy the boxes until tomorrow, we still have more than two weeks to pack everything," I opened my eyes. Max was standing in the doorway wearing only boxers, which looked really hot. But we would still have enough time for that in the next few weeks.

I raised an eyebrow: "1. We have to go shopping anyway, the fridge is empty. 2. Do you really think we packed everything in an hour? After all, we also have to go through what you really need from all the things here."

"We can also order food. It's more important that you don't stress yourself out too much and overexert yourself. We're on vacation, we should relax, especially you," he had come to me with that. He lightly stroked my stomach. A comforting warmth spread through me.

"If you don't want me to stress and get upset," I insisted, "let's go shopping right away and start sorting in the attic. I can't relax until we're ready for this move."

Max sighed and probably didn't like my plan at all: "So much for holidays, I should have booked holidays in Spain or Italy for us. To make you switch off. We still have so much time until the little ones arrive. If we don't make it to the end of the holidays..."

"We never will," I interrupted, "You can't make a move on a race weekend. In addition, the others have already agreed to help."

"You didn't give them a choice either. None of them would be mad at us if we postponed the move," he countered. But I wanted to make the move as soon as possible so that the children wouldn't be there yet. Otherwise, it will only get more stressful for all of us.

Since my glass is empty, I stood up: "Eat breakfast and get ready, or I'll go alone." For me, this was the last word in the matter, since I was not in the mood for further discussions, I went in. I put my empty glass in the dishwasher and disappeared upstairs.

After a shower, I got ready for the day and hoped that Max was ready. To my surprise, he wasn't, instead he was still sitting in the boxer in front of the TV.

He probably didn't think I was serious. So I just took my bag and a car key before putting on my shoes. I could feel Max following me with his gaze.

"Another wish for what I should bring?", I was already standing at the door.

"You were serious?" he was incredulous, "You don't ride alone."

I opened the door: "I told you and gave you time to get ready. See you later."

"Hanna, stop! Not with my car!" he shouted after me. Luckily for me, the elevator was already up with us and I quickly disappeared into it. So I didn't have to keep hearing Max calling.