Chapter 68

Since Max and I were not married or otherwise related, he had not been allowed to join me. Fortunately for me, however, you could not find anything that pointed to any damage, except for my one-time handover, which was rather due to the shock. So it was decided that it would be better if I was allowed to go home. Because they wanted me to be able to relax.

Maybe I had insisted on it, because I hated hospitals with their sterile nature. In addition, I had to be fit again for the next day, even if Max would probably like to lock me up in our apartment. But like the doctors said, something like this could happen more often during pregnancy or otherwise at my age and apparently the two in me were fine. Although the fact of twins shocked me more than just, since in the morning there was still talk of a baby.

"Hanna, all right with you? This stupid doctor didn't want to let me go to you," he even looked at a sister angrily. This was only defensive hands, as she had only done her job, but my friend didn't care. I could also understand him, because I too would have liked to have had him with me. Now I had to tell him alone that not one but two babies would come.

I smiled at him tiredly, as it was already after midnight and I just wanted to go to bed: "Let's just go, I've already signed the papers." Max had not been able to react so quickly, so I had already grabbed him by the wrist and pulled him with me. Confused and also somewhat relieved that we could leave, he let me pull him out of the building.

"Did they do something? Should I call my lawyer?", Max had stopped in front of the sliding door to the emergency room. Since I was tired and otherwise not strong enough to really force him to leave, I also had to stop. I quickly shook my head and bit my lips. Actually, they couldn't help it, because sooner or later we should have found out anyway.

The Dutchman looked at me in an inviting way and probably wanted an answer, but I didn't feel protected enough from foreign ears. With a nod of my head to the parking lots I made this clear to my friend, fortunately he understood my sign too. Impatiently he trudged next to me to his car where he really couldn't wait anymore.

He looked directly at me : "I was at a gynecologist this morning and he probably missed a little something." The outrage of the century, but I didn't want to show Max how hard this "little thing" frightened me.

"Well," Max seemed to burst with curiosity, "So there's not one baby in me, there's two. The placentas are together, which means that they become identical twins. So, two girls or boys." Without saying a word , Max let himself sink back into his seat and stared at the empty parking lot in front of us. This , in turn, made me more than just nervous.

I looked firmly at him, because I wanted to read something from his face, but there was nothing to see: "Do you have nothing to say? Nothing at all?" The cursed pregnancy hormones were just not helpful, because I was now sitting next to him. Which he probably didn't care, because Max still didn't say a word.

"I understand," I opened the car door and got out. I didn't care that it was well past midnight and I was dressed in a cocktail dress. I just wanted to leave because Max couldn't give me what I needed. Security. Otherwise, he was always the optimist who took away my fear, but he probably couldn't do that right now. In addition, his reaction had hurt me, even though I could understand the shock. After all, I had been just as shocked before.

"Hanna! Wait!" I heard too much like a car door behind me. Before I could really react, someone had grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me to his chest. Of course, it had been my handsome friend who held me tightly to himself while I just cried. I don't know why I cried. It was probably a mixture of fatigue and the hormone changes.