Chapter 111

"Isn't it beautiful here?", Lando looked enthusiastically out of the restaurant into the street. I followed his gaze and my mood immediately clouded because the weather made me really depressed. Even though I had only been in England since today, but this rain was really not for me.

With a sarcastic undertone, I was the only one to answer him: "It's beautiful how everything is wet and cold. At least that explains why you're whiter than white." The Briton looked at me indignantly and acted as if my words had hurt him.

"It can't always be just the sun shining and for your information, I'm tanner than you," unfortunately was. All I could become was red like a tomato, but brown? No chance, not even after two weeks in the blazing sun.

"And yet," my boyfriend defended me, "she's more beautiful than anyone else. She doesn't need a tan." As a thank you, he got a kiss from me, although he didn't have to protect me from Lando. It was kind thought of him.

Unfortunately, I was the only woman from the drivers who came to Silverstone, not even Lily was here. I like the guys, but their conversations weren't really interesting to me. Jessi hadn't flown with us as she wanted to get her stuff out of the apartment with Greg and bring it to her parents. Since Greg was busy moving to Lugano herself, she thought it was the perfect time to do it. Only I would have liked to help her with that.

I sat quietly in my seat and sipped my water: "Why so quiet?" Surprised, I looked to my right, where Pierre was sitting, we got along well, but we rarely talked to each other. At least if Caterina wasn't there.

"The weather must be hitting my mind," it wasn't a lie. Rain wasn't mine, at least not when it rained incessantly. I was a sun person, so I would never be able to live in England.

"I'm supposed to greet you from Caterina," I looked at him confused, "I spoke to her on the phone before dinner. I guess she misses you more than she misses me." I had to laugh for a moment, because I missed her here too. Actually, I wasn't the person who made new friends, I had put more emphasis on my old friends. Of course, I had also had friends at the vocational school, but outside of it, I had never done anything with them.

"Greet them back. I'll try to call her tomorrow if you're not on the line," I said curtly. Although my schedule wasn't exactly empty because of the training, I still wanted to talk to her. Unlike Jessi, she was able to understand my situation well. She knew what it was like to be leeched with a racing driver and what worries people were worried about, and she also knew the course of race weekends and their pitfalls. Jessi would probably learn this, at least at the moment it looked as if she would commute with Daniel.

Pierre's face was adorned with a smile: "I'm really glad she has you. She didn't really get along with Charles' ex and with Charlotte it only became something because of you. Even though she's coming along to support me, I'm glad she's found a friend in you."

"How's it going with you?" I bit my lips. I didn't know if he knew he was going to be replaced. Nevertheless, I wanted to distract something from the topic right now, because I didn't like it when someone almost put me on the podium like that.

"To be honest," he sighed, "Bad. I just can't get along with the car and Helmut and Christian are giving me hell because I'm not at Max's level." I really felt sorry for myself and felt a bit like a traitor. Apparently, he hasn't been told anything about the change, which I didn't think was fair at all. He was also given no time to improve. But at the end of the day, I was a sports commentator and not the sporting director of RedBull. They could do whatever they wanted, whether I thought it was fair or not.

I patted him on the shoulder encouragingly: "It'll be fine, you need time to find your way around a new team and car. Don't compare yourself to Max, it just puts you under pressure and it certainly won't make you better."