Chapter 54

The week in Munich with Max we hadn't really done much, of course I was working between, but otherwise we had enjoyed the time together. It was all the stranger when our paths separated again on the Wednesday before the race in Barcelona. We had become so used to being together that even 24h were already a lot. But I still had an important appointment to do in Switzerland, and he had to go to Barcelona for a promotional shoot.

Since I was not allowed to drive, I had to complete the way by train. I had completely forgotten what it was like to ride these things. At least no one spoke to me, and I was able to work in peace, but I was looking forward to getting the driver's license back.

Shortly after noon I had made it home, but that was the beginning of my day. The first thing I had to do was renew my passport. This was the pleasant and fast part of the day. Because now I was sitting in the waiting room, the worst doctor in the world, the gynecologist.

I really hated it and always delayed it until the last moment, but unfortunately I needed a new recipe and had to face the investigation. It wasn't my doctor's fault either, she was actually nice, but I didn't like the fumble. Also, I didn't like the fact that she did the ultrasound from below, because I always had the labyrinthine gel between the legs.

In addition, three women sat next to me in the waiting room and all three were pregnant and clearly. The eyes of one woman also told me that she probably suspected this with me too, which was unpleasant to me. You could already see how she had prejudices because of my youth, but I was not pregnant at all and probably not as young as she suspected. But I didn't say anything and instead tried to hide my face behind a magazine.

"Excuse me for asking, but they're Sky Sport's Hanna Gasser?" I slowly looked over the edge of my magazine. It had been probably the youngest of the three pregnant women I had recognized. But with her statement, she had attracted everyone's attention.

It was subtly unpleasant to me to have been recognized, but I also did not want to be rude: "Yes, I am." The woman seemed very pleased about this, because she immediately asked me for a photo and autograph. So I gave my first selfie and autograph in my gynecologist's waiting room, there probably wasn't a better place. I just hoped that she wouldn't tell anyone about that detail, because I could already imagine the tabloid press with its titles.

"My husband doesn't miss a race and I have to admit, if you're finally a woman at the microphone, I'll look at it. In addition, the little boy in me is already a little racer, maybe one day they will also comment on races with him, wouldn't that be funny?», the woman had been really very talkative.

But since I didn't want to be rude, I tried not to let my embarrassment about the situation be noted and gave the woman a smiling answer: "That would be hilarious." I looked briefly at the other two women, who were probably as annoyed with the woman as I was. The situation was more embarrassing to me than anything else. Not least because the oldest of the three women was still staring at me.

While the eldest probably still thought I was pregnant and the youngest talked to me like a waterfall, the third played a game on her phone. I would have liked to have done the same to her, but I did not want to be rude to the pregnant woman who is talking to me. So I nodded to her again and again and pretended to listen. Inside, however, I only prayed that I was finally allowed to go to the treatment room.

"How far are they?" it suddenly escaped the oldest. I looked at her in a surprised way, because I had not expected such a comment. Why I just looked at her weirdly and didn't know what to say.

She repeated the question, so that now the eyes of all three women were on me: "To be honest, I am here to avoid this. So they don't get me wrong, I congratulate them, but I don't want to be a mom yet." I just stammered those words nervously because I felt really uncomfortable.