Chapter 126

"The car is too small," I had been arguing with Max for what felt like an hour. But the gentleman didn't want to listen, although every blind person could see that our car was too small for the huge sofa.

"It's all a question of angle," I got the answer again, "You'll see. We men can do it. Drive up to the apartment with Jessi, we will gradually bring up the things and unload them. You can then clear out the kitchen with the food and the plates."

Engrossed in our argument, we hadn't heard Jessi come down from the guest room to the living room: "Leave him, Hanna. He will realize that he is wrong. But until then, I want to be here to see his face." My best friend looked gleefully at my boyfriend, who cheekily stuck his tongue out at her.

"You'll see what men can do," he was probably too convinced of himself.

"Undermine mathematics?" the blonde replied, "I want to see that, preferably I film it so that everyone can marvel at the wonder of the world."

Max was visibly annoyed by both of us: "Thank God you're moving back to Switzerland tomorrow and the babies are going to be boys. You can't stand more than one woman in a house. How you conspire against one."

"We're not conspiring, we're just trying to bring you to your senses. Because the car is too small for the couch," I restated my point of view. But I could have talked to the wall, it would have been just as effective.

"Give it up," Jessi patted me on the shoulder encouragingly, "He'll notice. There's no point in arguing about that kind of thing with men anyway." I took a deep breath and then nodded.

Together with Jessi I went into the kitchen, where we started to pack the last things: "It's kind of weird that it's the last hours in this apartment." I did get a little wistful, which was probably due to my hormones.

"But you're already sleeping that night in a huge house, which is perfect for you and your children," Jessi tried not to let my mood drop.

"If they can do it," I doubted, "it can only go wrong with the gang. Especially when Max feels like he's squeezing a three-metre couch into our new car."

Just as Jessi was about to say something, the doorbell rang: "And the circus starts, maybe we should drive up to the new house and let the boys do it. I don't want to see them take it all apart and never get it back together."

"It won't be that bad," Jessi told me. To greet the newcomers, we both went to the living room. Where the troops gradually arrived.

"Moving institute to and from Formula 1," Lando quipped as he greeted me, "They ordered us. Where do we start to dismantle?"

A glance at my best friend of mine was enough for her to start laughing out loud, I turned back to the Englishman: "Nothing is simply dismantled here, understood? Everything also has to be reassembled. Besides, you have to ask Max, the packing genius is in charge, I'm pregnant."

"I would be in favor of clearing out the living room and this floor first, then we can get through better with the furniture and boxes from above," Max decided. So Jessi and I probably didn't have to wait long for him to realize that we were right.

"Daniel and I take care of the couch and the table, Charles, Lando and Pierre, can you put the boxes in the cars? And you women finish packing the kitchen," Max directed us around.

Hypocritically, I looked at my boyfriend: "As the Lord wishes. But if I can give you a tip, it's to start with the couch."

"We'll do it," he looked at me, slightly annoyed but also dogged. He was desperate to prove me wrong and he was right. But mathematics would throw a spanner in the works.