Chapter 47

Ralf and I sat in the cabin and tried to cross the red flag: "George Russell's car is now being brought back into the pit lane. Can you say it was lucky that it only hit the car? The lid could have been worse if there had been a car behind it."

"Definitely, not only if another car had come in the back, but also with George Russell. Gully lids can be extremely dangerous, it can destroy the whole underbody and there is a hint of nothing between the ground and the driver," Ralf said.

I had watched him with one ear, and yet I was looking at the monitors: "Does this thing fit through under this bridge?" At that moment, the arm that lifted the car onto the loading area crashed against the bottom of the bridge. As professional as I was, I couldn't stop laughing, even Ralf couldn't resist one, admittedly it was really a bit weird at that moment.

"Excuse me, ladies and gentlemen, but I found it a bit amusing. We haven't tested something like this before? The driver also seemed extremely sure that he was going to fit through down there. Hopefully the car isn't broken anymore and nothing else," I had been half-feeling.

Ralf next to me had also put his professional face on again: "We can probably forget this training until they produced this car under the bridge, it will take a while." I tried to find some puns, but unfortunately none came to mind, at least not a good one.

"There's only the demolition, so hopefully not from the bridge but from the training I thought. Because Russell's poor car also gets an oil shower, Williams' mechanics will say thank you. You know it even from the couch, oil stains are difficult to remove," the joke with demolition was horrible. But I really didn't have a better one, puns weren't mine, if then something has to come to mind spontaneously. Unfortunately, there was just empty in my brain.

I briefly looked at Ralf, but he just shook his head at my comment: "What? That's the way it is. Have you never accidentally put oil on the couch? Especially if you have a white couch, you can buy a new one and hope that mom doesn't see and notice anything. The same applies to wine, but this is something else. Let's go back on the track."

"You bought a new couch because you spilled oil?" Ralf asked me. I cursed myself that I had wandered so far, but nothing happened at the same time. You could only see men standing there looking at the mishap. Probably they had studied for all years, unfortunately this situation had probably not been dealt with in their studies.

I was a little embarrassed to See Ralf, I was sure that Mum was watching: "Not only because of the oil stain, there was still the wine and our attempts to make the stains away. By the way, I'm sorry Mom." I immediately apologized to my mother, who would probably like to pull my ears. This time it happened to me when I wasn't allowed to drink and was at home alone for the first time because my parents were on vacation and my brother was at a party.

"While I've been shovelling my grave now, the van is still stuck and dripping on Williams. I would say you could almost think that Williams is being overwhelmed by bad luck. Is that actually lubricating oil?" I paused in my bad pun.

Ralf probably thought I had lost my mind: "Yes, that's lubricating oil. Before you ask, yes, it is black, or dark. So, it has the colour of bad luck." I grinned because I had some fun with my comparison. I was probably the only one. At that moment I had forgotten the pressure that was actually on me. The pressure to deliver a perfect weekend here and silence critics.

"Before I make even worse jokes and puns, the FIA decided to cancel and with that the first training is officially finished. Was a short workout with my bang as the end. So, to you Sandra on the paddock," I handed over to my colleague. Thomas had given me the instruction through the headphones, which I had followed directly.