Chapter 118

Luckily for me, Max was still asleep when I had to leave. Because he wasn't a morning person either, he wasn't interested in how I got to the track while he was half asleep. So, I was able to drive off with Ralf his car to their hotel without any problems. Where a group was waiting for me, who still looked tired. Leon was visibly hungover, but you could also see Ralf and Sandra that they probably couldn't tolerate everything anymore.

"Welcome to Hanna Transport, where would you like to go?", I greeted the group as they boarded. Of course, I was extra loud and in a good mood, if you can annoy your colleagues, then you have to use it.

"To the cemetery," Leon said, "I want to bury myself." I could only laugh at that, because he actually had something of a corpse. But I wouldn't grant him his wish, instead I drove off in the direction of the track.

If I had learned anything in the last 24 hours that Ralf is not a good passenger: "Attention, curb and red light!" So, it went the whole 15 minutes to the track, and I had no nerves anymore. Leon just covered his ears in agony and Sandra had learned her head against the cold window but smiled faintly at me and Ralf.

"Can't you be as hungover as the gang back there?", I said annoyed after only five minutes of driving. He had drunk the least of them last night, so to my chagrin he was doing best.

"Can't you drive properly?" he countered, "My poor car." God I was on the verge of bursting, because I drove normally and well. He was just a bad passenger, so I felt sorry for David.

Since I was standing at a red light, I looked at him with narrowed eyes and pointed at him with my index finger: "I'll show you how well I can drive right on the track, that will be the purest embarrassment for you."

"We'll see, have you ever driven a sports car on such a track yourself?" he asked. To prove my driving skills, I accelerated like on the racetrack.

"Leave my car," Ralf clawed into his seat. I just laughed and took my foot off the gas, because I didn't want to get rid of my driver's license right away. You don't have to challenge your fate.

At some point we had made it to the track and were able to enter the paddock, where Udo and Thomas were waiting for us: "How long did you do it yesterday?" Our production manager didn't seem to be angry but amused. He couldn't change anything anyway.

"Anyway, please get ready for the quiz. Sandra, you have the questions, don't you?" he assured my colleague. She just nodded and took cards out of her backpack, where the questions were probably on them, while Udo wired me and Ralf. Leon, on the other hand, was visibly struggling to set up his camera. Not that he was still drunk, but the hangover clearly affected him. He was so slow that I almost fell asleep again.

Thomas also seemed to notice this: "Is this going to be something today? When I was boozing yesterday, it was faster." He wasn't angry, but we had a tight schedule for today, which was a bit stressful for our boss. It was difficult for him to show consideration for his hungover employee.

"It's going to be a long day," Leon muttered. In the end, the camera was at the right angle and Ralf, and I had microphones on our shirts. After we had briefly checked all the technology, we could start.

"In front of you," Sandra points to the small table, "are your buzzers. Whoever presses first may also answer first, if it is wrong you may not give an answer and the opponent gets a point. After the buzzer has been pressed, you have to give an answer directly and not think about it first."

We nodded dutifully: "Well, let's start with the first question. A very easy question, how many world champions do we, Germans, have in Formula 1 so far?" Ralf and I both buzzed, but Ralf was faster, which is why he was allowed to answer.