Chapter 18

The qualifying went like the trainings, the dominance of Ferrari did not change and also in the second row of the grid nothing changed. Max also showed what was expected, even if the last training session had not indicated him.

On the way to leaving the terrain, I congratulated Charles on his first pole position: "Don't you congratulate me on fifth place?" Max had probably just seen me with the younger Ferrari driver and was horrified. But his place was definitely no reason to congratulate.

"Next time you get the poles, I congratulate you too," I promised him. Unfortunately, he knew only too well how hard it would be. But if he couldn't penetrate the dominance of Ferrari and Mercedes, then who. If Max were to sit in a Mercedes, the other drivers would have trouble keeping up with him, I was sure. But Max was not sitting in a Mercedes cockpit, but at Red Bull.

Max looked around and pulled me behind a facade of a building: "Should I make it, but I want more than just a congratulation from you?" I had leaned against the building while Max leaned with one hand next to my head. He was still sweaty, and he had half-taken off his suit. Any other person would have complained about how much the Dutchman stank, but it didn't bother me. Somehow, I found it to be male and so I had to bite myself because I didn't have completely youth-free thoughts.

"What does the great Verstappen want?" I looked at him innocently. He dropped his head suspiciously down to me. But he did not seek with his lips, which think, no, he turned to my right ear.

His breath on my ear put all the hair in my neck: "A kiss would be incentive enough." He wanted to get to my lips. Just in time I had raised my hand and put it between our lips. Max was more surprised than I had to push him away.

"We could be discovered, and I should also return to the hotel as a handsome driver comes to pick me up at 9pm. But before that he was supposed to take a shower," I had sent off the wall. The Dutchman didn't even know what was happening to him when I before I stepped back on the fulfilling paddock.

By taxi I was quickly at the hotel, where I rushed into the room. Since Verstappen hadn't told me where we were going to eat, I probably needed all the time I could get to just make the right choice of clothes. I didn't care that I arrived in my room sweaty, because I would have had to take a shower anyway. But it was only when I found fresh underwear that was suitable for the eventuality. Even if you didn't want to have sex on your first official date, you felt better if it happened in case it happened, appropriate underwear.

Wearing white lace underwear, I went to the bathroom to take a shower. As the water bounced on my skin and hair, I thought about different outfits. But I was afraid either underdresst or overdressed. A hint from Max would have been nice, it would have saved me some nerves.

So that I had as long as possible to think about my clothes problem, but not to waste time for something else, I made up and bowed myself next. I kept my make-up discreet, because it was probably bad to do something wrong. In the bathrobe I stepped out of my bath and went to my suitcase next to the bed. Since we were here for less than a week, I didn't even bother to unpack it.

After a long back and forth, I opted for a long light pink dress. It was really nice and obscured everything to cover up in Bahrain. Unfortunately, I hadn't thought of high shoes when packing. So, I had to choose between sneakers and sandals. Because my sandals looked a little more elegant, I chose them. I hadn't even come to put on when it knocked on the door. Hectic and also slightly panicked, I looked at my phone clock and was terrified when I realized that it was really already 9 p.m. Like the lightning, I slipped into the first shoe and rushed to the door, while I didn't even really wear the second one.

Just when I opened the door, however, the zipper of the second sandal was also closed: "Hey, do you need some more time?" Since I had been slightly bent, because of the sandals, Max had probably thought I wasn't ready yet. But I just shook my head and quickly picked up my handbag with my mobile phone and documents, and I also took a light jacket.