Chapter 59

My grandma seemed to like Max, or at least respect him. I didn't care about her opinion for a long time, but she was my grandma, and I was a family man. As much as I wanted to hate her, I couldn't. There were also beautiful light-hearted moments, but lately they have become less and less. They always wanted to push me to study, what I wanted didn't matter. That's always been the case, even when I had the offer of Canada for an ice hockey training at one of the best clubs in the country.

For days, I had been crying to ask for me to leave, but under pressure from Grandma and this side of family I had to let this chance go. With the cancellation I had also given up the sport and focused entirely on the profession of commenting.

"Then we hope for you that it will be a successful weekend, at least for someone," Grandma had seen me with. I just swallowed it down, just like I'd always swallowed the hats and stings.

My mother, sitting opposite me, looked at me cheerfully, she knew how much it always hurt me, but she didn't feel strong enough to say anything. I had been brought up to remain silent, what else should I have done, because that was always how it had been. As a child I hadn't noticed it, but the older I got, the more I had noticed how i had always made fun of my dreams. 'She'll only end up in the gutter if she doesn't work hard' or 'The child will be your downfall as she will never stand on her own two feet. 'I tried to ignore these things, but if it was my own family, it burned into your mind.

Max had also looked at me, so I tried to laugh, but I couldn't: "You apologize for me, I still have to go to the restroom and then i'm going to go. If we meet again after qualifying, I can take you to the cabins in peace." I just had to leave, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to keep my wall upright.

"Sure, good luck. We are allowed to go to the family area here at Red Bull with Jos, isn't that great?" Dad was totally out of the house. Mum, on the other hand, seemed to know exactly what was going on in me and my brother just didn't care. Grandma probably didn't care, because she stayed silent and just wished me a lot of fun.

I got up and pressed a kiss on Max's lips: "I'll give you my thumbs up, get the poles." He thanked him and looked at me, but I smiled at him again. He would probably be satisfied with that, as he also concentrated on qualifying.

"I'll come along for a moment, because I still have to," Jos got up with. As we walked out of the room, I waved again to my family, who probably now frighten Max with questions.

But I really had to get going and Max seemed to get along well with Leon and Dad: "Nice wife your grandmother." I was surprised to See Jos, as I hadn't expected it, and the sarcasm in his voice surprised me.

"Yes, she's just my grandma. She just wants the best for us," I wanted to play down the situation. No matter how much he had heard and understood, he should not think anything wrong. Somehow I was also afraid that he would like me less if he didn't like my grandma.

He looked at me skeptically: "I'm not stupid Hanna and Max aren't, we got too good on you. Don't let anything convince you, you don't have to study, and you're an adult. At least as grown up as you should be, because you always have to stay a little child."

"Thank you, Jos. But it's not as bad as it looked. I'm used to it because everyone had studied on Dad's family, only me and grandma didn't. Only Grandma wasn't allowed at the time, even though she would have been more than clever enough. As an illegitimate child in the post-war period in a highly Catholic place, but she did not have it easy and was not allowed to study," I tried to defend Grandma. Actually, I shouldn't, after all that was said about me, but she was my grandma.

Jos looked at me seriously: "It doesn't give her the right to control your life, but I admire you for sticking to your dream anyway. It certainly wasn't always easy when the family wasn't behind you."

"My mum's side is very different, they are also athletes and have always believed in me. So I just clung to that side, and I'm always going to do that. But now I have Max and my dream job, the speeches, I don't hear it anymore" fat lie. But it seemed to reassure Max's father.

We said goodbye, and I was able to go to the restroom, where I had to breathe. For a moment I dropped the wall a bit, because I couldn't hold it anymore. Pulling in my breasts came back, and I felt sluggish. When you have to fight your family, it's tiring in the long run. But I didn't want to complain that my family was intact and worried about me. Even if they almost suffocated me with their concerns.

No tear had escaped my eyes only the pulling did not want to disappear, but I could not worry about it, because I had to go to the cabin. I quickly got another Red Bull at Max's room, I needed nerve food.

"What happened to you, you look like you were partying, so pale and tired," Ralf escaped. He had come running from behind, as he had probably been with Mick.

I waved off and took a sip from the can: "My family, including grandma, don't like Formula One are there. How did it go, did Mick have the poles?" My plan was successful and Ralf didn't ask any more and I got a distraction from my problems.

"Unfortunately no, he was 10th. But I'm sure he can catch up in the race," I believed in that. Mick had potential for big things, I was sure. But one cannot expect it to be the same as with his father, nothing happens twice in the same way.

I smiled at my colleagues: "You will comment on him as world champion one day, I'm sure. I'm just going to sit quietly next to him because he beat Max. But until then we should probably enjoy what we are offered on the track. Another Hamilton and Botta's double win for Mercedes."

"Then let's see if your Dutchman doesn't conjure up a surprise out of your sleeve. He wants to impress his in-laws, maybe he will finally be able to break the dominance," the German hoped. A small part of me hoped for this, but then there was the pessimist in me who could not believe it.

Unfortunately, the pessimist in me was right, but Max was able to get the fourth place and thus move into the second row of the grid, between the Ferraris. Mercedes was again in a class of their own, after all, this time Valtteri had the poles and not Lewis again. Don't get me wrong I like Lewis, but some variety was quite nice.
As always, I went straight down to the press area, where I was wired: "How did it sleep as a 20-year-old?" Udo looked at me grinning, I hadn't seen him since midnight, which was normal for a Saturday.

"My back hurts, it's probably because of age," I said in a fun way. In fact, my back didn't hurt, but my breasts didn't want to stop tightening, which was so unpleasant. Men really have no idea how beautiful they were.

Max POV:

After having a rather strange meal with her grandmother, I hoped that the last surprise would be better for her. Even if she wouldn't admit it, she would have liked to have given up on her grandma, at least her eyes had said so.

Sweaty and full of anticipation for my girlfriend's radiant face, I couldn't get to the press place fast enough. My press agent almost didn't come along, and yet she didn't say anything I was grateful for.

Without further ado, I went straight to my girlfriend, who was just interviewing Charles. That's why I had to go to other journalists, which was a real ordeal. I always answer kindly and always had Hanna in view, because she just looked so beautiful. She smiled and her eyes shone, which automatically made me laugh. I couldn't understand why her grandmother wanted her to study when she loved the job so much. Hanna was happy, wasn't that the most important thing? For me, anyway.

After years of feeling, I had made it to my girlfriend and, for once, stole a kiss, which I had also earned: "Someone is probably satisfied with the fourth place, have you already resigned yourself to only be able to start in the second row?" We had once agreed that she would take me to such interviews in order to clearly separate work and private life.

"I wouldn't say resigned, because I still want the poles and believe in it. But on such an important day, one can probably also rejoice in the second row", Hanna looked at me with emotion. She understood that I had alluded to her family and her birthday. I wanted to make a good impression, and hopefully I had it.

Just when she wanted to ask a question again, I could hear my last surprise coming. Hanna looked at me confused and turned around at my request. In the process, she lost the microphone, which Udo quickly raised.
Greg, Gian, Laurent and Jessi stood in front of my girlfriend with a cake and sang Happy Birthday, which moved Hanna to tears. I thought she was happy, but I didn't expect tears either. It was all the more beautiful for me to look when she fell around her friends' necks.

With her eyes still watery, she looked back at me before I could realize what she was up to, she really kissed me: "You are the best, thank you. I love you, Max Verstappen."

"For you only the best, and they wanted to surprise you one way or the other. Actually, I have nothing to do with them, just with your family. I hope it's okay if we go out to eat on a grand scale," I wanted to know about her. Actually, I had promised her that it would only be our clique and her team.

But her radiance was actually enough answer: "As long as you are with me, everything else doesn't matter." With this answer I could live more than just good, because I felt the same way. Whether I had poles or not, as soon as I looked at Hanna, I felt like a winner.

"I don't want to disturb you, but the cake starts to burn right away if you don't want something and blow out the candles," Jessi said. The blonde looked longingly for the sweet thing in front of her and probably wanted to have a piece of it at last.

Hanna laughed and completely broke free in front of me. She closed her eyes and then puffed out all twenty candles, almost forgetting her job. But it wouldn't have been Hanna if she hadn't finished the interview professionally afterwards and handed it over to Sandra.

Since I was also freed from my burdens, I was able to greet my girlfriend's friends and those. Through FaceTime, I had already met the four of them and planned everything with them, but personally I hadn't met them yet.

"As my best friend, I still have to give you the warning, do you hurt her, we hurt you," Gian had probably been. He had built up in front of me, but he didn't look really dangerous. They may have been wider than me, but Gian and Greg were smaller than I.

Before I could answer, Greg had looked at his colleague in a nasty way: "Sorry, I'm still her best friend. You only joined us in first class, even Laurent has been in our group since kindergarten."

"What does it matter, she likes me more than you and Jessi has only been in the group since first grade, and she is probably Hanna's best friend," Greg immediately replied.

"Just ignore her," Hanna had posed next to me, "they got stuck in her head during puberty." Outraged, they looked at my friend, but they immediately laughed at it. I exhaled with relief, because I didn't want to cause a fight, after all, they should like me.

Impatiently, Jessica drew attention to herself again: "Can we please go to the Red Bull building, a cake wants to be cut, and we still wanted to go out for food."

To satisfy them, we went back to the building, where Hanna's family and my dad were waiting. It was nice to see that my father understood her father, which was not self-evident. But I saw it as a good sign for us. Maybe there was real one forever.

Im so sorry, I have so much stress at work, that I forgot to update my storries. -Xxx Fabi