Chapter 49

I can't say how long I slept, but definitely not enough. I didn't feel rested at all and was still angry with Max. Not really because of Kelly or Amir, but because he had ignored me. For me, this was the worst thing you could do to a person, treat them like air.

Tired and displeased, I wanted to break into the lobby when Max fell in front of my feet: "Max?" The driver looked up to me sleepy, who had probably slept against my door until just before. But now he quickly got up and knocked the dust out of his pants.

"Have you slept at the door all night?" Max scratched his head. At that moment I had a bad conscience, because he certainly hadn't slept well and wouldn't be able to perform at his best because he definitely wasn't asleep.

Max tried to look awake: "You didn't want to open the door and I didn't want to miss you, so I slept at the door." He said it as if it had been taken for granted, somehow, I found it sweet yet disturbing. I was hoping that no one would have seen him or even taken photos of him. Otherwise, I could forget my job right away.

"Why did you just go?" I looked at him in surprise. I thought he was clever enough and knew why I had left. At least I thought Caterina or Vic had told him, but he really didn't seem to understand anything. Somehow it made me angry, even if the flirting hadn't been soured anymore.

I looked speechless: "Then you should think better and hope that no one has seen you sleep here. Firstly, it is a bit creepy and secondly, I will be blamed for your bad driving. So, I hope you at least know how to drive the car." The Dutchman looked at me perplexed, as he probably did not expect such a reaction.

Before I reached the elevator, Max had caught himself and caught up with me: "Would you please tell me why you're angry?" I don't know why, but Max just made me even more angry. Why I just wanted to ignore him, but when he pressed the stop button in the elevator and asked me again, I couldn't stop it.

'If you hadn't ignored me and flirted with someone else's pregnant girlfriend, I would never have gone. If I hadn't left, I wouldn't have been half-frozen and wandered through it because I didn't have a battery. I was fucking cold and scared, but my boyfriend prefers to flirt with pregnant women," Max looked at me in horror.

He took my face into his hands: "I didn't flirt, because there's only one woman I want and that's you. You were so deep with Caterina and Victoria; I didn't want to bother you. Why didn't you come to me, we could have talked."? Yes, I could have done that. But my pride hadn't let it go and his behaviour had just hurt me too much.

"Next time you just come to me and don't leave right away. I love you, Hanna. When you didn't answer and you weren't in the hotel, I panicked. Please never do this again and please never let me sleep in front of your door again, my back hurts," I bite my lips. I actually wanted to have him fidget, but how could I still be so angry with him?

I put my hands on his chest: "If you don't ignore me anymore and let other women put you on you." In response, he kissed me, my anger was blown away and a slight smile lay on my lips. Slowly I broke free of him a few millimetres, but kept my eyes closed. I would have preferred to never have opened them and held on to that moment.

"We should go, otherwise you can really forget your job and don't worry, I've already won with less sleep," he had broken away from me. He pressed the button again and the elevator continued. Even though I didn't believe Max, I had to trust him to do his best. While he would hardly get past Ferrari and Mercedes, these two teams were just too strong for that.

Max stood next to me and let me lean on him because I was a bit tired. Together we stepped out of the elevator when he arrived at the lobby and went straight to my team. Luckily, we were late because of the stop, so only my team was in the lobby. Otherwise, a lightning storm would have broken out now.