Chapter 89

The meal with my friends was really nice, even if I would have liked never to leave, Max and I had to prepare for the weekend in France. Which is why we drove to the airport in the early evening. My uncle and aunt had promised to visit us as soon as possible and get to a race, but unfortunately didn't worked out for them to come to France.

Somehow exhausted from the flight I had made myself comfortable on the sofa, because Mister Verstappen could not be helped when unloading the car. Because he wanted me to relax, which was admittedly a bit difficult for me.

"Should I quickly go to the supermarket down the street at the harbour so that we can cook, or do you want to order?", Max looked at me questioningly from the apartment door. So I had to twist my head slightly so that I could see him.

"Let's go to a restaurant," I suggested, "I don't want to cook anymore and we clearly order too often when we're in Monaco. I've never really seen the city."

"I'll show you them in detail, but unfortunately we don't have to leave tonight and tomorrow. But as soon as we have time, I will show you your new home bit by bit," Max promised me.

Admittedly, I felt a bit too drained to explore Monaco tonight, even though I would love to. So far, I hadn't seen much apart from the track and my gynecologist.

Max sat down next to me: "When we are back from Austria, we will have a nice week here and see everything. But let's just stay here tonight. Finally, we have to pack for the double header. I quickly order at our favorite delivery service and you just keep resting."

"Or I'll do our laundry during that time, after all, we'll need them again tomorrow morning," I was about to get up when Max held me back.

I looked at him expectantly: "Or you just sit here and let me do it." I shook my head, because I didn't trust Max when it came to washing. To be honest, I wondered how he had done that when he was alone. But since he has a cleaning lady, I assumed that she had also done this for him.

I just raised an eyebrow in response, which was probably answer enough for him and let me go. So I went into the hallway to all the boxes and our suitcases. For the time being, I only took the suitcases and opened it to separate the laundry, because our white sky shirts should not have anything that could discolor them.

When I had finished unpacking and sorting the two suitcases, my father's pack caught my eye. I paused for a moment before I decided to open it now. With nail scissors from my necessaire, I opened the tape so I could look inside.

After I had the padding outside, the first thing I noticed was two polar bears. I took them out so I could look at the rest of the content. The next were children's books that I had loved as a child. And then neutral bodysuits always twice. Until a letter in my lap a lot. On it was my name, which made me pause again.

"Hanna, the food is coming... You opened the package? What do you have in your hand?", without a word I handed the envelope. Since I did not manage to open it, I was too afraid to open it and make the wound even bigger.

Max had only taken a quick look at it before he looked at me again: "Do you want to read what it says?" I shrugged my shoulders because I didn't know what I wanted.

"Hanna, it's okay if you don't feel able to. First and foremost, you have to think about yourself and the babies. You can also read the letter later sometime, it won't run away. Also, I think it would be better if you don't read it yet. He would only stir you up and you need rest," Max told me.

My gaze slid from my friend into the box, while a book caught my eye, which I carefully took out. I opened it gently and tears almost came to my eyes. It was a newspaper clipping that showed me on the ice as a five-year-old how I had just won my first competition. I proudly held the media into the camera and grinned over both ears.