Chapter 62

Max POV:

Nervously, I drummed on the small table in front of me and waited for Hanna to come back from the bathroom. We had not only bought the pregnancy test, but also a lot of water, so that she also had to go to the restroom safely. Now she had been on the restroom for hours, which only made me more nervous.

My head automatically rushed to the toilet when I heard the door: "Can you set an alarm clock to five minutes? My hands are shaking too much, I can't unlock my hand." Hanna seemed as scared of the result as I was, because we both didn't want to be parents. But if she wasn't pregnant, there wouldn't be something so good behind the eggs. That's why I was hoping that maybe there was a little racer in her belly.

Before Hanna could sit down with me, I had pulled her on my lap: "We'll get it, no matter what. I'm with you as long as you want it." Hanna pressed a kiss on my lips, and I could feel my arms trembling. She had just turned 20 and really didn't have a family to start. After all, she had just got her dream job and wanted to secure herself in it before we wanted to think about children at some point.

Somehow I also felt guilty, because I had persuaded her to have unprotected sex. So if she was pregnant, it would probably be more than just my fault. Again, I jeopardized her job, as if fate had something against Hanna commenting. It was their vocation that anyone could see.

"I don't know what I prefer, pregnant or not? Maybe in a year a baby bowl will face us, God alone at the performance I already get sweat outbursts. Max I don't even know how to change diapers properly or how warm the water can be for a bath," Hanna seemed to ventilate over. It would be sweet if I didn't turn it around the same way.

But I couldn't admit it, because we shouldn't turn around: "Come down, even if you're pregnant, we still have more than enough time to learn everything. Together we find out how to change diapers and how warm the water must be. Together." I emphasized the last word because it was important to me that she knew I would be with her. Not because she didn't trust me, but sometimes you felt left alone in those moments, even though it wasn't.

"Thank you, Max, without you, I would probably fall dead, scared," she had actually calmed down a bit. Nevertheless, the tension was felt in both of us, because our lives might change immediately. Very likely it would change, the question was just how. If a doctor found something strange, something had to be behind it and if Hanna wasn't pregnant, there would probably be some bad news waiting for us. So I was quite right to have a pregnancy, but if I had to fail.
Hanna cuddled up to my chest and I stroked her hair as we waited for the five minutes to pass. We both had probably disappeared into our worlds and were following our thoughts. So we both shrugged when my timer indicated that the five minutes were up. None of us wanted to turn the chopstick around, so a minute went by.

Hanna was very pale when she looked at me again: "Should I?" I nodded to her cheerfully, because no matter what this test indicated, he would only tell us what was already going on in my girlfriend's body. So the result would not really change anything, but would only keep the truth in front of us.

"Is this a plus or a minus?" I also looked at the test across the Swiss. But I had to admit that I couldn't interpret the sign either. You could guess where the line was for the plus, but it wasn't really there. So either she wasn't pregnant or too early.

While Hanna was reading the packaging leaflet, I used the Internet: "Baku was four weeks ago, so it's too early. But the slight plus stroke should probably warn us already. From now on no more alcohol and you will not lift anything anymore. I don't think Red Bull is allowed any more." In shock, Hanna looked at me as if I had told her that my father was returning to Formula One.

"No! But not my Red Bull," Hanna lamented. But she wouldn't risk anything, I was sure. Even if it will be really difficult for her to allow her fingers off the can, she would not endanger our possible baby.