Chapter 66

In a good mood, I left the cabin and set off for lunch with my boyfriend and his family. Actually, my family was supposed to come back to the track this weekend, but unfortunately the death of my father's godmother had intervened. I had known her, of course, but I hadn't been that close to her. Which is why it was okay that I was not at the funeral.

"Why in such a good mood little one?", Daniel sat in front of his motorhome in a paddling pool with a squeaky duck. Since it was Dan, I didn't ask at all, but just greeted him.

I grinned at him: "Why can't I be in a good mood? No one was injured and it's more or less a beautiful day." Actually, it was probably more thanks to my pregnancy hormones that I was in such a good mood and also because Max had the second best time. For the first time I had a really good feeling for him that it might even be a win here in Monaco.

"Why weren't you and Max at the event yesterday?" the Australian wanted to know. I became cold and hot at the same time, because I didn't know what to tell him. The Aussie had a third sense of lies, which made it difficult to fool him.

Nevertheless, I smiled slightly at him: "I didn't feel fit enough and Max didn't want to leave me alone. You yourself have overlooked the day, how affectionate he is right now. He probably thinks I would drop dead every second, which would probably not be impossible thanks to my energy consumption." Even though Dan nodded to me, I could see that he didn't buy it from me. But he probably didn't want to talk to me about his assumption in front of his coach and the paddock.

Instead, he let me go on and did what was typical for her, nonsense. I, on the other hand, hurried to the building of the beverage racing team, because there I was already eagerly awaited. Max had stared in my direction, wagging his feet slightly back and forth. His father looked at him skeptically, as he had probably never experienced his son so impatiently.

Since I hadn't seen Jos yet, I greeted him and then his little daughter: "You must be Blue, I'm Hanna. Your brother's girlfriend." Slightly shy, she shook my hand, which I thought was cute. At her age, I was skeptical of new people at first, which is why her behavior was probably more than just normal.

"Everything okay with you?" Max wanted to know. I nodded to him before kissing him briefly. Immediately I could see into the confused face of Jos, for whom the behavior of his son was probably a mystery. My boyfriend is also exaggerating a bit at the moment, with his caring. I just hoped that Max calmed down a bit and can relax during the course of the pregnancy, otherwise it will be a long 9 months for me.

Questioningly, Jos looked at his son, but he waved it off: "Do we want to go out to eat now?" Blue seemed to love the idea, which is why four or five of us, however you wanted to pay, went inside Red Bull. Since Max didn't want to let me carry a tray, I waited with his sister at the table.

"Your dad told you want figure skating," I tried to break the ice a bit. The little one nodded eagerly, but still seemed to be a bit reserved. For me, it wasn't bad that she didn't trust me right away, after all, I was still a stranger to her.

I looked briefly at Max and Jos, then again at her: "I wrote with your mom so that we can both get on the ice next weekend in Belgium, would you like that?" Her eyes were now shining all the more, she seemed to love the idea.

"I also want to be able to jump and turn like you. Like an ice princess," she seemed to have caught something. At least she talked to me properly for the first time and her posture was much more open.

"You will," I promised her, "but it takes time and a lot of training. I couldn't do it right away, but together we'll certainly be able to do it." The little one nodded eagerly again when the two men came with the food. Max had brought me a steak with fries, which made my mouth water.