Chapter 35

Between Lando and Max I sat at the table and drank wine together with Elena, who was opposite me. Max had put his arm over my chair back and was discussing with Daniel. He sat next to Elena and thus opposite Max.

By the way, I had written back to my friends and families last night, who are now all expecting me to introduce them to Max. Neither the Dutch nor I were in a hurry in this regard. Actually, we were still not a couple, so I saw no reason to introduce him to everyone, and I wanted to have time with him alone.

"What does the space actually look like by always commenting? There must be hundreds of screens that let you see every detail," the Frenchwoman looked at me curiously like a small child. I shook my head smiling as reality was far from their imaginations.

I put my wine glass on the table: "Actually pretty much the opposite, we have three screens on a desk and two chairs that was all. It's always very tight, but you don't need more. On a screen we always see the TV picture and then everyone has a screen with data, there we see even if someone has received a penalty. If you want, I can show you it in Baku."

"Really? That would be great, I would like to see what such a cabin looks like," Elena looked forward to me excitedly. I nodded again for confirmation and immediately took a sip of my wine.

Max bent to my ear: "You shouldn't drink too much, after all you have to come back to the hotel." I turned my head to his so that I too could whisper in his ear.

"I have you for that, you wouldn't let me go alone anyway and Elena has Pierre. Just because you are not allowed to drink, that does not apply to us," a smile was placed on my lips.

Max, on the other hand, didn't seem as relaxed as I did: "You take medication, alcohol may not be compatible with them, you should be careful. Please." Admittedly, I was surprised that Max knew the word please, but how could I have said no afterwards.

I had briefly looked him in the eye, looking at me with concern, which caused my heart to pull together. He shouldn't worry about me; I was a big girl and could take care of me. But since he would not rest, I nodded to him. Thankfully, he gave me a short kiss before turning to Charles, Antonio and Daniel on the other side.

I turned back to Elena, who smiled broadly at me: What?" I looked at her in question, but she just wavered and grinned further. Since she probably didn't want to tell me the reason for her laughter so quickly, I just let it stay.

The dessert just came, I had been looking forward to it all day long, there was nothing more beautiful than a big ice cream cup at the end of a strenuous day. Unfortunately, I wasn't the only one looking forward to my ice cream, Max also seemed to be interested in my dessert.

"Just a spoon, Elena shares with Pierre too. So, you could give me a spoon," he asked me. I hadn't even tasted a spoonful of ice cream myself and I'd have to share my beloved ice cream. Sighing, I held the spoon in front of the Dutchman's mouth, and he quickly took the ice cream with his mouth off the spoon.

When he had begged for two spoons, I looked at him sternly: "Why don't you order yourself an ice cream when you eat mine. Then you would have an ice cream and I would have mine!" Laughter rang out from the other drivers, as I seemed like a mother.

"Because he's not allowed," Sergio told me. Today we had all gone to eat together, which is why the Mercedes drivers were there. By the way, thanks to a Mercedes double victory I had won my bet against Leon and was already looking forward to the clown costume he had to wear in Baku, which was only possible thanks to the Mercedes drivers.

I raised an eyebrow and looked back at the Dutchman: "If that's the case, you won't get anything from me." Pout watched Max to me, because he probably wanted to have more of my coupe. But I just shake my head and quickly started to bring my ice to safety, my stomach.