Chapter 6

Together with Ralf I now sat in the commentator's cabin. These things were very tight for even two people, so only the two of us could be inside. The director had her own room and was only connected to us through the headphones. In front of us there were three monitors and then there was the window, so we could look directly to the start and finish.

In addition to a water bottle, I had a Red Bull can in front of me, which I was gradually drinking. Ralf was still talking to his nephew, who was standing in the doorway. I, on the other hand, went through notes with the topics we were supposed to discuss over the weekend. But with one ear I couldn't take it and listened to the family conversation. There was nothing interesting about it, so I concentrated on the notes again.

Half-heartedly, I had said goodbye to the Formula 2 driver, as I was still reading statistics. Without looking up from the sheet, I put on the headset. When we heard the countdown from the director, my pulse skyrocketed. I had taken my gaze from my sheets and instead stared at the monitor with the TV picture. The F1 anthem was just running there and the drivers were introduced to it one by one. When the last note of the anthem fell silent, my heart was left to stand.

"Good morning, ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the first free practice here in Melbourne and the first free training ever in 2019. My name is Hanna Gasser and next to me, I can welcome Ralf Schumacher. If you miss my esteemed colleague Sascha Roos, he can't be here at least this year for family reasons, of course we as a whole team wish him all the best and of course he is always welcome," I then gave to Ralf. He also greeted the spectators again before we started to analyze with certain drivers and also to talk about the expectations of this season.

But then it happened, It sliped me of the tongue. Instead of Toro Roso, Red Bull had slipped out of me when we had the car of the first mentioned in the picture. Of course, I had corrected myself immediately and apologized, but it was probably too late for that. I could already smell the Shitstorm. As a woman, such a mistake could not happen to you and it happened in the first live circuit. So, the day was almost over for me, it couldn't get any worse.

Ralf overplayed my mistake and smiled at me cheerfully, but I was pissed off on myself. If I had paid real attention to the TV picture and not just from the corner of my eye, this would not have happened. I quickly pushed the thoughts around the patter aside for the rest of the day just over an hour. But as soon as we were no longer live, I took the headphones and put my head on the desk in front of us.

"Head up, that can happen. You noticed it right away and corrected it. It's not going to be that bad, it's going to be forgotten anyway," I doubted. I had pulled out my phone and wanted to see the reaction on Twitter, but my phone was already gone. Outraged, I looked at the adult man in front of me and tried to get my hand back, but he held it so high that I didn't get there.

Insulted, I looked at him: "You're not going to pull in any comments from would-be knowers. We first go to eat something and then the 2nd training is already on. Your mobile phone stays until we are in the hotel for safety with me." Gritting my teeth, I took it, even though I wasn't really enthusiastic about it. As stupid as it may be, I wanted to know how bad the Shit storm was for my promise. But I had to give myself to my fate and would probably go to lunch now.

Next to Ralf I ran over the paddock, I tried to make you small. It felt like everyone heard my promise and would stare at me for that. We had almost reached the press building when my name was called. Surprised I looked to the right where almost all the drivers sat at a table and were at the dinner.

Lando waved me to them, but actually I just wanted to hide in a corner. But my nice expert pushed me to the group and forced me to sit down between Charles and Lando.