Chapter 34

Like the day before, the reporters ran after me and took pictures of every step. George's speech had worked until after training yesterday, until Max and I were seen eating ice cream together. After that, the calm had been over again.

While eating with the other employees, I had hidden between Udo and Leon, but the attention of the media was slowly unpleasant for me. After all, I was a normal girl who just chatted too much and fell in love with an insane one.

"Are you keeping your fingers crossed for Max today?" a reporter asked me. He held his microphone in front of my face as I tried to get to the canteen to get supplies again.

I really tried to ignore these guys because they weren't colleagues for me, but annoying flies. Unfortunately, they didn't give up and kept asking me questions, which I left uncommented. After repeating this question, a hundred times, my patience was met. Abruptly I stopped and turned to this guy.

"I keep my fingers crossed for every driver, they should all just go back into the pits in one piece, everything else is just a side issue," I pressed past him. But the reporters quickly caught up again and followed me on. My nerves were almost exhausted when Christian approached me.

I approached him eagerly, hoping that he would free me from this crowd: "I think you asked enough questions. Hanna you come." He looked at me with anticipation as he headed to the Red Bull building. I briefly looked behind me to the photographers and reporters who retreated. Now that I felt much safer, I followed the Briton inside the building.

"You know where Max is, but please do sports activities before the race, he still needs his energy," I watched the Red Bull Racing team leader perplexed. I probably turned a little red, which Christian was amused by. Before I could answer him, he disappeared again outside, because he probably wanted to go to the box before.

So, I stood a little embarrassed in the entrance of Red Bull where some employees came to meet me. Because they were uncomfortable with my looks and I didn't want to get in the way, I went to the Driver Rooms. Since Max was locked in his door, I knocked on before I opened the door.

He had turned his back to me: "How many more times do I have to say it, I don't want to be disturbed before a race!" He seemed annoyed, which I wasn't referring to. That's why I dared to go into the room and close the door. Since Max was still turning his back to me, he couldn't know it was me.

Annoyed, he turned around: "I said I don't want any... Hanna? How do you get in here? Has anything happened?" By the time he recognized me, his facial features had softened. He put his things on the table next to him and approached me, the worry could be clearly seen in his face.

"Christian saved me from the reporters and let me in," I explained briefly. It was uncomfortable for me to disturb him before the race. We both were supposed to focus on our jobs and yet it felt good to be with him.

Max bent down to me and gave me a short kiss: "I'm getting a bodyguard right away, so it can't go on. You have to focus on your job, they can't just track you all the time."

'It's half as bad Max as long as we're not bothered here and in the commentator's cabin. But as it stands, I just disturbed you during your ritual, I didn't want that. Just keep going and focus on driving, I'll disappear to the cabins as soon as possible", I knew for myself how important a good preparation was. I didn't want to disturb him any more in his preparation.

But Max held me down, so I couldn't disappear: "It's still over two hours until the race, if you don't have to go yet, you should stay here. The reporters are just going to wait outside for you to get out. If you go just before the race, they would have to be at the press places to see the race."