Chapter 77

I just lay in bed and didn't want to get up, even the usual nausea didn't get me out of there. Since I couldn't keep anything with me since we were in Montreal, I didn't have to be afraid that something could come out.

Thanks to the nausea, I was also awake much too early, so I was even awake before the alarm clock. This did not make my bad mood any better, which is why I turned on my back and stared at the ceiling with my arms crossed.

Immersed in my thoughts, I probably hadn't heard the alarm clock: "How long have you been awake and lying there like this?" At first I was confused, but when his words arrived, I just shrugged my shoulders. I had lost all sense of time as I was thinking about the day and all the photographers and reporters. They all wanted to have the perfect photo and interview about my pregnancy, but I wanted nothing more than to hide in the room.

"Should I call you sick?" Immediately I was sitting in bed. I'd rather die than stay in bed when it came to my work. With a dull feeling in my stomach, I got ready for the day and the now coming pack of reporters.

With my better half, I fought my way through the pack into the car: "Does it never stop? My belly still looks like it did yesterday! I don't suddenly look like a fat cow overnight!"

"Quiet tigers," the Dutchman reassured me behind the wheel, "they just want to make a big story with as many photos as possible. You could at least escape the questions, but I was asked on the baby every two minutes because no one understood our two-heart hint."

I reached for my water bottle when I still looked offended: "Not my problem if the whole world is too stupid." My hormones certainly had their share of my mood, but the feeling of the comeback of water overshadowed everything.

Immediatly, I pulled the car to the edge of the road and pulled the handbrake: "What is now... oh." Before Max could finish speaking, I had vomited again on the side of the road.

"Enough is enough, we'll go to the hospital," Max said. Only I had something against it, because we had no time for another detour. We had to go to the paddock to get to work.

I shook my head: "Not necessary, it's just too early for the little ones and my stomach to absorb anything. Let's not make anything bigger out of it than it is and just keep going to the track."

"Hanna that's not normal anymore, you drank a sip of water and couldn't even keep it!" Resolutely, my boyfriend looked at me. But I wouldn't give in, not on this matter.

Slightly upset, I looked at him: "Either you drive on or I walk there. But I'm not going to go to the hospital, I'm not making myself a target even more than I already am. If we were to go to the hospital now, everyone would notice and then we would never get rid of them. So please just go to the track, I know what I need." Just the thought of the pack of photographers made me puke again, but this time I had myself under control.

"Just for the record, I was in for the hospital," Max gave in to my happiness. Exhausted, I leaned against the window pane and tried to relax for the five minutes, but as soon as I saw the gate and the pack of photographers, it was over. Every muscle in me tensed and my heartbeat spun. My hands started sweating so cold like yesterday, which was just uncomfortable.

But a glance at Max was enough for me to see that every muscle was tense with him: They can't off! I had nothing to say about that, because I honestly thought exactly the same thing. First we were persecuted because we were a couple and now because of pregnancy. If they should go to Kelly, she presents her baby belly so gladly and uses every opportunity to do so. As agreed, I stayed in the car until Max was with me and held the door open for me. So he could grab my hand directly so he could make sure I was always close to him. I wasn't really keen on leaving his side and going into the pack. Since the lightning still dazzled me despite my sunglasses and I would probably never have found the barriers without him.