Chapter 99

While I was sitting with Caterina, Charlotte and Jessi in a restaurant at the harbour, Max had already had to make his way to Spielberg at noon today. Since it was Red Bull's home race, the drivers had to be there earlier for videos and interviews.

My flight, on the other hand, didn't leave until tomorrow at noon: "Must be weird for you not to be with Max." Slightly confused, I looked at Caterina, after all, she was just as inseparable from Pierre as I and Max. In addition, it was a completely different topic than we just had.

To give me clarity, she held out her cell phone to me. She had Instagram open, where you could see a video of Max and Dilara. At first, I thought it was an old video, but when I saw Pierre in Red Bull stuff and the Sky logo on Dilara's shirt in the background, I felt cold and hot. What is this slut doing in Spielberg and why did Max meet with her without telling me anything.

I trusted Max, but she didn't trust her, and Max knew that. Which is why I am taking out my cell phone and looked to see if my boyfriend had written me anything, but nothing. In order not to look like the jealous girlfriend, I suppressed the urge to write to him and put my cell phone away again.

Only to see that all three of them were staring at me: "Do I have something on my face?"

"If I were you, I'd take the next plane and give the boy hell! What does he have to discuss with his ex that he sees? Above all, why is she wearing a Sky shirt?", Jessi talked herself into a rage.

Since I didn't have an answer to many questions, I shrugged my shoulders at first, but that wasn't answer enough for them: "Helmut probably invited her whole family, they're friends. And I don't know what they had to say, after all, I'm here and not in Austria. But Max probably just wanted to be nice to Helmut and not send her to hell where she came from."

"I love Charles and trust him, but I'd always be careful with my ex. She doesn't really seem to have finished," Charlotte said. She had no idea how right she was. Neither Max nor I told anyone about my meetings with Dilara, so they couldn't know what had happened, not even Jessi.

When Caterina nodded in agreement, the doubts began to tremble in me. But I kept myself under control and left my cell phone in my pocket, after all, I flew to him tomorrow morning and would probably get my answers there.

"I can ask Pierre, if you want?" Caterina offered me. But I thought it was a bit childish, if I wanted to know, I should ask him myself and not through friends. So, I thankfully declined.

Instead, I wanted to take the topic away from me: "How is the study going?" Of course, everyone at the table knew that I just wanted to change the subject, but luckily for me everyone played along and for the rest of the evening, the topic of Dilara didn't come up.

It was only when I lay alone in my and Max's bed that the worst thoughts haunted my head and painted the worst pictures. So, I withered from left to right and vice versa. Always hoping to get rid of the images and thoughts, but they stayed.

Frustrated, I kicked the blanket off my feet and stumbled down to the kitchen as quietly as possible. In order not to disturb Jessi, I sneaked out onto the balcony with a glass of orange juice and a cucumber.

"I didn't even know that there was a ghost creeping around at night," I almost threw my glass over the railing in shock. But luckily, I had myself well under control and so my glass stayed in my hand.

Still in shock, I looked at my best friend: "You're sneaking up like that. Besides, I didn't want to wake you up, I thought you were already asleep."

"Neither of us can sleep without our husbands, although I don't have one anymore," sadly with tears in her eyes she looked at the place where the sea was in darkness. I quickly put my things down on the table next to me and hugged the blonde.