Chapter 53

I sat on a park bench waiting for Max to finally pick up the phone: "I'm sorry, we really shouldn't have interfered." He had not even given me the chance to present him with the news, but had apologized directly. You could hear how depressed he was.

"I also want to hope, now because of you I have to spend the weekend in Spain as a maid of Leon. I also cancelled all visits," I said with a slight grin.

Max didn't seem to understand anything: "You're going to keep my neck and I thought it would be easy if we just lived in your apartment. Then we just have to get my clothes and stuff to Monaco, of course only if you want."

"I thought... What?" the poor boy was totally confused. The idea of making the great Max Verstappen speechless, I just let myself laugh more. It was quite astonishing how close joy and suffering could be. In half an hour I had been transferred twice, so I had been sent back. Not least because they didn't have anyone else, but also because of the multitude of messages about all sorts of ways. I would probably have to spend a round in Barcelona so that I could thank you very much.

In the background, I heard Daniel and Lando say, "What's going on? Now say, that's not fair, we've been waiting long enough." The Brit sounded like a little kid who desperately wanted a lollipop, but had to wait until after dinner.

"There have been complaints about your action or any other spectators and demanded me back. Since he has no one else, I will definitely stay until the end of the season, then we will see how it goes," I told him. But the Dutchman did not seem to be quite clear about the situation.

"I thought," my friend said, "When I'm in Munich, we celebrate this extensively." I knew exactly what the celebration would look like, and I was looking forward to it. But it would still take almost 24 hours for him to join me.

Since Lando was still heard squealing, and it slowly became annoying even for me, the Briton should be redeemed: "Can you turn me up loud? We don't want there to be a sourness, because a certain Englishman has burst with curiosity." Max laughed, but did what I told him.

"You just don't know how much I love you all, guys," I grinned as broadly as I've ever done. Even though I didn't really want the guys to get involved, I was more grateful than i've ever been in my life. With the boys as friends I really had drawn the big lot, even if they can annoy you sometimes.

Jubilation erupted on the other side, as they had probably now understood that I was allowed to stay: "I hope you love me the most." I had to laugh because of course I loved Max the most and in a very different way than the boys.

"No one comes to you, never. But without the boys we would still be back and forth", my friend could only agree. From the background I could hear Lando probably trying to take the phone.

Lando and Max briefly discussed what ended with a victory for the Briton: "Hanna? Can you bring me chocolate for the thanks? Even though my mother is Belgian, I love Toblerone." I had to laugh, I could have brought it to him. But since the boys had some good with me anyway, I probably got away with Toblerone very well.

"You are lucky that next week I have to go to Zurich with my parents anyway and therefore will not come to Barcelona until the course of Thursday. I'll bring you all chocolate," Lando said, as a young child rejoiced. I wasn't sure if the team bosses would like me after that, but since I owed them something, they would probably forgive me with chocolate.

Max got his phone back and Lando told everyone in the background the joyful message: "You'll probably have to take an extra suitcase for all the chocolate." Max was probably right, so much chocolate would probably blow up the weight as well as the space in my suitcase.