Chapter 98

I didn't realize how exhausting a race weekend can be until I sat in the car on Sunday night, and we drove home. It didn't take me two minutes to fall asleep. Which was probably more due to lack of sleep than to pregnancy.

While Max was still on the phone with Jessi so that she could also find the house in which our apartment is located, I slept soundly in the passenger seat. It didn't bother me that Max carried me up when Jessi arrived.

It wasn't until my alarm went off the next morning that I woke up a little tormented: "Turn this thing off!" But Max didn't think about moving any more than I did, so I had to pick myself up to have peace again.

The moment I turned off the alarm, the phone showed me the reminder for our appointment. Sighing, I let myself fall back into my pillow and hated myself for making this appointment. But we had to go through that.

"Max, we have to get up. We have an appointment with the broker in two hours," I tried to wake my boyfriend. But he only pulled up the blanket, which is why I left him a bit annoyed and got up alone. I was sure that he would get up right away, otherwise I would just go alone or wake Jessi.

After I got dressed and got ready in the bathroom, Max was already sitting in bed and busy with his cell phone: "Jessi is a big topic in the gossip press. Everyone wants to know who she is. They suspect that she is my father's new one."

"What now?", I wanted to know from him, "Should we get in touch and explain who she is, or should we just ignore it?" I honestly didn't know how to deal with it. Max and I had just become uninteresting for the media. If we were to get involved, we would be back in the spotlight, and I didn't want that. There should finally be some peace and quiet around our personalities and stay that way.

"We just ignore it, even though it may not be quite so fair to my dad, but it doesn't affect the two of us. He will comment on it if he thinks it is important, and otherwise we will all keep silent about it." I couldn't say whether this was the right tactic, but I didn't mind silence either. So, I left it at that.

Slowly, my boyfriend had come to me and was now standing in front of me: "We have enough things to do, so my father should do his own things." Where he was right, he was right. With the name and finding a place to live, we had enough things to focus on.

"Well then, get ready so we can take care of the first concern", after a short kiss I left the room. Quietly, I crept down to the kitchen because I didn't want to wake Jessi. She needed sleep, so I didn't want to wake her up.

Just when I had everything ready, the Dutchman came into the kitchen and closed the sliding door behind him so that we could talk normally without fear of being too loud: "What do you even imagine as a new home?"

"A house with a garden would be nice, but probably not possible here in Monaco. That's why it's just a very large apartment, where the children can each have their own room if they are big enough. And if it also has a garden, I'm not averse," I tried to make my wishes clear to Max.

"Let's see what they have in store for us, a house wouldn't be bad," he agreed. But in Monaco it was probably impossible to have your own house, the country was simply too small for that, which is why there were only high-rise buildings to create enough space for everyone.

As if I had little hope for my dream house with garden and pool when we made our way to the meeting point with the real estate agent. She had immediately sent me an address for a possible home where we would meet.

At first, I wanted to walk, but Max had dragged me to the car and when I realized where he was going, I was grateful. Because we drove further and further up the hill until we had left the skyscrapers and the city.