Chapter 7

This Friday couldn't get any worse for me. First, I got confused on my first live broadcast, and now I was lying howling in the arms of Sebastian Vettel. I honestly couldn't say what was most embarrassing of all of this. It was only slowly that I caught myself again and broke away from the German.

"You really shouldn't read these things, I haven't heard you, but even Ralf has praised you. Yesterday the young drivers were so raving about your kind of interviews that I'm sure you're doing your job great," a slight smile was on my lips. But why did he help me, he could have just left me alone, after all, I'm just a reporter.

"Why didn't you just go on and why do you help me?" A slight smile formed on the driver's lips; he probably hadn't expected this question.

"Because we are all one family. There are very rare changes in commentators, you know each other. Don't take it badly from me and now, but you're almost still a kid. It's probably not only Ralf's father who gets through. In addition, Ralf would probably kill me if I left you so alone", a slight smile crept on my lips. The thought of how the two Germans started each other was amusing for me at that moment. When I got caught and sunglasses covered my eyes, I said goodbye to Sebastian thankfully. Actually, I wanted to hide in my hotel room, but the next driver made a dash through the bill.

"Hey, we wanted to go out for dinner together again today, right after the last interviews, you want to come along," as a little puppy tried to look at Lando to me. Even if he couldn't really do it, it had shaken me up. I didn't like it, but I didn't want to be rude. He and the other drivers seemed to be really trying to integrate me with them. So, I agreed and let myself be drawn to the press.

Charles had probably just finished and came to us: "How did the afternoon go?" I just shrugged my shoulders, because I couldn't give a real answer to the Monacan. Actually, nothing bad had happened, but the negative comments had pulled me down. Maybe the guys were exactly what I needed, humor to distraction, at least I was hoping for that.

Gradually Alex, George, Pierre, Antonio, Carlos and Max joined us. So, we were able to go to a inexpensive restaurant, but also not quite normal. I would never have gone to this restaurant on my own because it was too chic for me. Because I didn't make much of Luxury.

On a table the discussion broke out quickly, could have a chance of winning the World Cup title. I held back discreetly because I wanted to be Swiss, namely neutral. In my opinion, you couldn't say anything like that after two training sessions, but everything looked like Mercedes. But a forecast could only be made after three or four races.

George looked at me, "Who you think will win the title of the year." Calm had suddenly entered the table, and everyone looked at me. I started to rattle myself and slipped slightly on the chair back and forth.

" You don't," a slight laugh went through the round, "but I think it's going to be Lewis again. If not him, then probably Bottas or if things go well, Max could still be involved. But the way Mercedes presents itself, it will be a complete success for them in the end." The guys took my opinion, but apart from the rookies, they were convinced of themselves. For the newcomers it was still a bit used to it, because they didn't know all the routes.

Since Max was sitting on my left side this time, he could put an arm on my back. But I didn't notice this until I let myself fall back in my chair. In short, I was also terrified by what George had probably seen towards me. The other Briton next to me started laughing, too, but I couldn't help it either. When I found Max Arm behind me to be the cause of my shock, I could laugh at myself. But the Dutchman immediately took his arm off his back and looked at me apologetically.

When I calmed down from my shock and laughter, I saw the Red Bull driver: "You can leave your arm on the back when it's more comfortable for you. I just didn't expect it and was scared for it, but it doesn't bother me." Since I had said it to him on German, there was no understanding of us but the two of us. The others only saw the Dutchman put his arm back on my back. This led to some thinking to be somewhat wrong.
"As your best friend, I want to plan your wedding!" the Briton said next to me. Outraged, however, George looked at him and wanted to join in. Before a huge discussion broke out, I went in between.