Chapter 116

The week at my aunt's house was really good for us, as I was also able to meet the boys. Now that Greg and Jessi were no longer in Kloten, we didn't have to feel guilty about meeting each other.

Not only Max could see the anticipation, but I was also incredibly happy to come to Hockenheim: "What else is on your agenda today?" Since my week was full of team events and shoots, I looked at Max questioningly.

"Nothing, just arriving at the hotel and exercising", of course he had nothing to do. After all, it wasn't Red Bull's or his home race. In addition, it was only Tuesday afternoon, which was actually not yet part of the race weekend.

"Do you want to come with me for a barbecue?", I tried to involve him, "We can bring our partners." Max took the exit from the highway as we were almost there. It felt like we had been on the road for days, in real life it had been a little more than 4 hours. But only because my boyfriend felt like he wanted to take a break every half hour because of me.

"I think it would be a bit weird if a racing driver was at a team dinner of journalists. Enjoy your evening with your team, I'll ask Daniel and the others what they're doing," I was admittedly slightly surprised. Of course, I understood him that he wouldn't feel comfortable there. But I didn't expect him to let me go somewhere alone after Austria.

But it should be fine with me: "Then I'll ask Jessi so you can have Daniel for tonight. Besides, I don't want to be the only one unaccompanied." I didn't know if the others were bringing someone with them, but I didn't want to take the risk of being the only one to come alone.

"Sounds like a plan," he just turned right, "I'll pick you up then, you just have to write to me and of course I'll drive you there." Actually, he didn't need it anymore, because Jessi will bring me back my driver's license when I meet her at the hotel. Since I was pregnant, I wasn't allowed to drink, which would make me the perfect driver.

"Or you give me the car and I get to drive myself?" I tried cautiously. I didn't want to spoil Max's good mood and mood. Otherwise, I wouldn't want to let go.

He raised an eyebrow: "No." Actually, the answer had already been clear to me, but I had been looking forward to this moment for weeks when I was allowed to drive myself again. I had waited long enough for the moment. But today was probably not the day to discuss it with him.

"When do you have your gynaecologist's appointment for the pre-flight to Budapest check-up?" he quickly changed the subject. At the same time, I also knew that he was really looking forward to the appointment, as you might already see the gender there.

"Monday," I checked my cell phone, "at nine o'clock, at a Dr. Abel's." My team had made this appointment so that I would certainly stick to the agreement. Max would probably have to be enough insurance for them that I really went there.

'Have you arrived at the hotel yet?' Jessi had written to me. To which I quickly answered her with a no, although we were probably right there. At least we weren't on highways anymore.

To bridge the few minutes, I checked Instagram again. I regularly posted things about my work there, or looked at what my friends were up to, but nothing more. For me, it was more of a work tool than a leisure activity. I didn't like this fake and warped picture that most of them depicted.

Surprised, I looked up when the car came to a stop: "But that was fast." We had actually already arrived at the hotel, which made Max laugh. I guess I had been a little too engrossed in my cell phone.

"If you just stare at your phone instead of enjoying the beautiful surroundings...", the environment here at the hotel was not so beautiful. It almost looked like Monaco when you were standing in the middle of the city. All you saw were houses.