Chapter 136

"Can we play a game?" came out of nowhere from Lando. The whole group was on Max's plane, as the next weekend was already another race. From Singapore we went to Russia.

But I didn't feel like it at all, I just wanted to have my peace and be alone with my thoughts: "What do you want the games?" But I also didn't want to let it show what it looked like inside me right now. So I forced myself to participate in the conversations.

"I see something," Lando began, "What you don't see, and that's thick." I gave him the middle finger, as he was clearly alluding to my baby bump. Daniel just laughed at that and Max shook his head.

"Spin bottles?" came from Pierre. But the proposal was also quickly defeated. As a result, there was silence on the plane and I looked out of the window. Even though I was afraid of heights, I loved flying and could look out without any problems.

My thoughts had quickly moved back towards the process, so I could only casually overhear the others talking. I preferred to stay in my own world.

At least until Daniel sat down next to me: "Dwarf, stop thinking about it. There's nothing we can do about it, it's happened." It wasn't about not coming to terms with what had happened.

"That's not what I'm about," I began, "I'm afraid of how the reunion with my family will go. They wanted my death, or at least put up with it. So what will happen in the courtroom when we meet again?"

"I don't know, but we're not going to let anything happen to you or the little ones. We are with you no matter what they say or do. So don't think about it, your time and thoughts don't deserve them," the Australian tried to build me up. But it only worked partially, because I couldn't just control my thoughts.

Nevertheless, I nodded to the Australian, with which he was satisfied: "Come on, let's talk to the others again. Distraction is good for you, because I already miss your smile." Maybe Daniel was right and distraction was good for me, but I just didn't feel like it.

"Let's go, I'll try to get some sleep. Last night the two of them were quite active in me and kept me up at night," that was the truth. Feeling like all night, the two of them had kicked my stomach. It was actually a nice feeling, but not if you want to sleep.

With a worried look, he went back to the sofa where the others were. So I was able to put the headphones in and try to close my eyes. Just when I had almost made it to the land of dreams, I felt a kick again.

"That can't be true," I was frustrated, "Just half an hour, please, Mommy just wants some sleep." But the two of them didn't seem to care about my request, because they kept kicking me. So I wouldn't get any sleep now either, then I could go to the others.

I put away my headphones and went to the back: "Daniel said you want to sleep?" Max looked at me with a mixture of worried and confused.

"I wanted to, but I guess I'm having a party," as if I had to prove it, I put Max's hand on the spot where I was kicked. His eyes began to glow, which brought a tired smile to my lips. Even though I was a bit annoyed that I didn't get any sleep.

Since the flight in the private jet didn't last that long, we couldn't talk for long before we had to go back to the seats. There, Max sat next to me and continued to hold his hand on my stomach, which seemed to calm the two of them. Because now they were calm when it came to landing.

"Once we've brought the suitcases to the hotel, let's take something into town. The next few days we won't have as much time to explore everything," came Pierre's suggestion. It seemed like I was the only one who didn't really feel like it. So I admitted defeat.

Of course, I also wanted to explore the area when I had been here before. Just strolling through a city with a baby bump and lack of sleep wasn't something I was extremely happy about.