Chapter 100

"How awesome is that?", Jessi walked around our rental car for the thousandth time. I, on the other hand, was just annoyed and wanted to go to the hotel. If there is ever a manual for pregnant women, there should be enough sleep in it and marked in bold.

I just hated myself for having to give up my driver's license and therefore not being allowed to drive myself." Would you rather continue to marvel at the car or do you want to drive us to the hotel and the track?"

"How does Max endure your moods," I only got as an answer, "Since you've been pregnant, you can be really annoying. Hopefully this will go away after the birth. But yes, I really want to drive the baby." With that, she jumped enthusiastically behind the wheel, I, on the other hand, was still called light. Which was probably more to blame for Max than Jessi's.

Even though I didn't like to admit it, the closer we got to the hotel, the more nervous I became. As if I were going on a first date, maybe it was also the fear of losing Max and thus the last bit of family. In doing so, I trusted my friend. But the many disappointments of the last few weeks had probably left their mark and my body was probably only fixated on the worst.

Even though I was really tired, sleep was out of the question. I also didn't know how to greet Max right away or how to talk to him about his ex. I don't want him to think that I don't trust him and that I'm spying on him. I also wanted to give him another chance to tell me about the meeting with Dilaria himself.

"Do you want to talk to him alone or should I accompany you?" my best friend looked at me questioningly. She had just parked the car in a free parking lot in front of the hotel, because we or I had to go straight to the track for a meeting.

Slightly nervous, I tried to smile at Jessie, even though she knew exactly what was going on inside me, I didn't want to let anyone look at her: "I can do this on my own, after all, it's my relationship. But thank you for your offer."

"Well then," she opened the car door, "let's go into battle. But let him have his say and try not to get your hormones out of hand. But don't just let him get away with it, after all, he didn't tell you, so I mean the meeting."

There is certainly a logical explanation for this. He probably wanted to tell me in person and not on my cell phone," I was probably trying to convince myself more than Jessi. Whether I could believe my words or not is an open question.

With my suitcases, I made my way to my and Max's room after a detour at the reception. Jessi had hers one floor down, so I got out of the elevator alone.

With shaky fingers I opened the room with the card, contrary to what I had hoped, it was empty. Max was probably already at the track to do media work. At least I hoped so, because in my mind the worst mental cinema went off. Max with Dilara and I wanted to distract myself from that, because I was sure that Max would not do such a thing. But I was also sure that Jessi and Greg would never separate.

Agitated, I changed my clothes, my gaze caught on my reflection. More precisely, on my stomach. Carefully I stroked the base of a small ball, which put a little smile on my lips and calmed me down. I couldn't say where this feeling came from, but at that moment it felt really good.

In my sky clothes and a bag of documents, I had gone back to the lobby where I was waiting for Jessi, as I wouldn't be able to get to the track without her. At least not today.

"Well, how did it go? Let me guess, he wasn't there," the blonde greeted me a little later. Just as I was about to open my mouth, she held her phone under my nose with a picture of Max at the track. To my reassurance, his ex was nowhere to be seen.

I shrugged: "It's RedBull's home race, so they have a lot to do. Besides, we're going there now, too, I'll confront him later."

"Hanna, I know you. You put it into yourself until you burst and it comes to a huge argument. You say things you don't want and regret in the end," Jessi accused me. She wasn't entirely wrong, but I didn't want to be like that anymore.