Chapter 70

The looks of my colleagues did not get better, which is why I used to say goodbye to the office complex with the studios and prefer to work from the hotel to the end. In addition, I did not want to run into Max's ex again. It was clear that he had a life ahead of me, but I didn't want to see her.

"Already in the hotel?", Max wanted to know when he called me by video. I nodded and ran tired over my eyes as it was a long day and I was now looking forward to sleeping. After such a day , you could really use sleep to forget what happened and start from scratch tomorrow.

Worried, Max looked at the display of his phone: "What happened? Are the three of you doing well?" I could have sworn that he was about to board his private jet to Munich. To be honest, I would have liked to have had him with me, but we would see each other again tomorrow in Belgium with his father.

"It was a long day," I briefly wondered if I should tell him everything, "I met Dilara today." His eyes grew big and his mouth was open. As if I had pulled the carpet away and he had to look for new ones, it took him a second to catch himself.

"How... So where did you see them?", it was probably a stupid situation for him too. Nobody wanted the new one to meet the ex. Because it ends nicely in the fewest cases, after all, one is the ex and there was mostly still hatred or jealousy guaranteed. I could also imagine with Max that the separation had not gone well .

Without hesitation, I gave my friend the answer: "In the office, she is doing an internship in the marketing department. Because of her, everyone knows, Max. She knew about the gynecologist and added one and one. Maybe she will tell the whole world now! I don't want anyone else to know." Cursed hormones, because I had started crying.

"How did she talk at Sky?", Max just didn't seem to understand the world , "How does she even know that you were at a gynecologist?" I shrugged my shoulders because I had no answer to his question. Could only tell him what she had told me.

"I'll take care of it," he sounded like a mafia boss, "but stay away from her, she doesn't have them all anymore." Max saw it the same way, after all, it was his ex and I was honestly afraid that he would protect her. I was all the more relieved now, but unfortunately my problem was not solved.

I didn't want the whole world to know about my pregnancy and Dilara could drop the bomb out of jealousy. It wasn't even out of fear of miscarriage, so I wanted to keep it a secret. Somehow I myself could not get used to the thought of being pregnant. Since I was still uncomfortable with the thought, I didn't want other people to know.

"Are you still listening to me? Do I need to know anything else that concerns you?", I shook my head. Since I didn't want to stand there as a bad mother, I blamed my digression on fatigue. As a pregnant woman, you had to feel great and be full of happiness, but actually I didn't feel that way. There were individual moments when I felt great. But most of the time I felt bad and the future scared me.

Fortunately, Max had believed me: "Should I hang up, we'll see you again tomorrow and you need enough rest." It was sweet how worried Max was about us, but his behavior also made me feel guilty. He seemed to be really looking forward to the babies, while I couldn't cope with them. But maybe this was also part of it in the beginning, because my body was just turning 180° and I was constantly bad or something else hurt.

"I don't want to hang up yet, I'd rather tell me what you did today?", but I really lay down in bed. As if it were a good night story, I listened, but closed my eyes. Max's voice calmed me down and I was able to relax.

Max POV

I noticed that Hanna had fallen asleep, so I hung up and went into the living room: "But that was a short phone call." My father only meant it, but I only wavered . I just had to sort out my thoughts about the Dilara thing. Because knowing that my ex was close to my pregnant girlfriend made me easily worried.