Chapter 11

One last time I did a mirror check to be sure that my makeup and hair were perfect. We both didn't officially call it a date, but actually it was one. Even if I wasn't supposed to meet with him, because my reputation as a serious presenter was at stake. But as much as my mind told me to stay away from the Dutchman, the rest of my body wanted to see Max again.

My dress just went to the beginning of my knee and only got hold by thin straps. Up to my waist it was white, but from there it became more and more pink. The deep V-neck was decorated with lace and had a beautiful floral vine pattern. I love this dress so much that I often just put it on, which is why it found its way into my suitcase. Jessica had probably thought of dating while I was packing it in my head for a beach day.

In pink and gold high heels and a pink clutch, I dared to leave the room. The clock had just changed to 8 o'clock, so I hoped Max was already there. Which woman wanted to wait for her date, so this time I was slightly late in the lobby. But my plan worked out, because Max was already there and seemed to be waiting for me. He was wearing dark jeans and a white shirt, which allowed me to see the muscles well.

As if he had felt my presence, he looked up from his phone: "You look great." Even though he spoke to me in Dutch, I understood this compliment. Somewhat overwhelmed, I thanked him because I never knew how to respond to a compliment. Immediately I tried to repeat what he had said, feeling like I was making fun of the language. Luckily, Max didn't seem to see it that way, as he thanked him with a broad grin.

"Do you have everything?" I quickly answered in the affirmative, "then we can go." He stretched out his arm to me, where I could hook myself in. I did so immediately, even if it was not necessary. Somehow, I'm sweet that he was struggling. Surely this was his stitch, as many girlfriends as he had in the last years, he probably had to have a lot of practice for the first date.

Outside stood an Aston Martin, as far as I could tell, with my scant knowledge of cars: "Thank you. Didn't know you could be such a gentleman." He had opened the car door for me before he had jogged around the car. I didn't expect such behavior from him, but to be so spoiled was okay, but every time I didn't have to.

"For special occasions, I also unpack the gentleman and of course for a special woman," he said. Because I didn't want to distract him, I stayed still. Normally I sang the songs on the car radio, but before Max it was too embarrassing for me, so I stayed still. I rather tried to find out where Max is going to drive me, which was difficult in the dark and without local knowledge. I had just noticed us driving along the sea from Melbourne.

I tried to pinch the question, but I was too curious: "Where are we going?" I had turned my head to Max, who concentrated on the road looked. When it had a small degree on the track, the Dutchman dared to look at me briefly before he turned his gaze on the road. In the dark, only the outlines of Max Profile could now be seen.

"We're going to eat like we're done, but in Melbourne the danger of reporters is too big for me, after all, nobody should bother us," he said. Clearly his argument was clear and well-founded, but I still did not know where it went.

I bit my lips and looked out the window at the dark sea: "Forget, I'm also a reporter." A little laughter sounded from Max, which is why I looked back to the Dutchman. He just turned off to go up a hill.

"I used to mean tabloid reporters and not serious ones like you. Or would you like to write an article about our meeting tomorrow?" he asked rhetorically. Of course, I wouldn't, as Max had already noticed in the four days. I wouldn't discuss the private lives of the drivers in public, let's say the meeting between Max and myself. Otherwise, I could just chase a bullet through my head or jump off a bridge. Because I could only imagine that a relationship or just a meeting with two could cost me the reputation and thus my career. They would respect me even less and take me seriously than they do now.